Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm very confused and cant find anything on the internet at all. I have a 99 GT, Power seating, leather interior, 65k miles.

My driver side seat all of sudden started to "fall/ rotate/ roll" backwards. The brackets stay in place, its literally just the cushioning/ upholstery and back of the seat that is moving. It will make a 30-45* roll back from parallel with the brackets while I'm sitting or driving. Everything works i.e. seat recline, lumbar, power forward/backwards.

I have no idea what went wrong or how to fix it. I'm assuming its a nut, clip, or locking mechanism of some kind that is failing. Doesn't anybody know what to do?

·
Registered
309 Posts
My friend had a 98 that had the same problem it sounds like you are having, he got a new seat out of a junkyard and it fixed it, the cushion part came apart from the rails.

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got done fixing it... some how BOTH of the screws that secure the seat cushion bracket to the motor came unscrewed

they were located here

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Whoever assembled it was at fault. I have never seen that before. Bet you crapped your shorts the first time it let go hehehe. Loctite FTW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts