Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
almost done putting in an electric fan, got everything ran, added a fuse on battery post (+) to relay wire, i put a 15amp fuse on it, started car, hit the switch, and nothing, fuse poped

do i need use a fuse? or just go bigger on the fuse?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well if the fuse didnt blow then it should work.....thats not your problem if it didnt come on......but yeah i would expect it to need a bigger fuse though

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
15a seems a little small for a fan motor. I'm not sure what they draw but I think its at around 30a (just a guess). Depending on the relay it is probably only rated for 30 or 40 amps anyway.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
did you actually blow the fuse when you tried to turn it on.......did you just put the fan on a toggle switch or did you try and wire in a thermostat

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OOOOOOOOHHH MAN I THINK SHES ALIVE AND KICKIN, 20a fuse worked good, shes blowin tons of air and seems to be holdin just fine :), time to clean up the wires and close the hood

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
If thats what the relay is rated at the you will even be good with a 30A. Just incase that one pops. Just as long as your wires are capable of that kind of current.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts