Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok me and 93 hatch just installed his explorer intake and we need to know which vaccume lines get hooked up and what thay go to..

it starts then immieadetly dies unless we are on the throttle then it will backfire..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
that almost sounds like the MAF isnt connected or something

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the mass air is connected when it starts it will run if u give it throttle but it backfires

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the fuel pressure regulator hooked directy to an intake vacuum?

·
Registered
146 Posts
it sounds like you messed up the firing order also you should just have the pcv hooked up the 1/2 in to the vacuum tree by the wiper motor and one for the fuel pressure reg you can cap the rest off thats how my explorer intake was hooked on my car

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know the fireing order is okay but i think i may have moved the dizzy...it will start and run with the throttle down a lil but it backfires and that can pretty much only be caused by timing right??

all we did was take the stock intake off and put the explorer one on. i have the pcv,FPR,vacuum tree,and egr hooked up directly to the intake vacuume.

something else though when i took out the injectors like 3 or 4 of the plastic nipples on the ends were dry rotted and broken so i put them in without them...would that be causing this too??

·
Registered
334 Posts
something else though when i took out the injectors like 3 or 4 of the plastic nipples on the ends were dry rotted and broken so i put them in without them...would that be causing this too??
The nipples are called pintle caps. You can get away with a slightly broken one or cracked ones, idk that i would just go without one. But I don't think that is your problem.

You can pick them up locally at Napa for about $4 per injector. part # CRB212085

If you can wait longer, there's a guy on ebay that runs a storefront called mr. injector that will sell you all 8 for $18.

Either way you go it gives you new o-rings, but the ebay storefront gives you new filters for each injector and it ends up being a lot cheaper if you're doing all 8.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I am currently running no pintle caps, and have in the past, with no problems, there is just a slight performance fall off. Nothing to cause back fire.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The nipples are called pintle caps. You can get away with a slightly broken one or cracked ones, idk that i would just go without one. But I don't think that is your problem.

You can pick them up locally at Napa for about $4 per injector. part # CRB212085

If you can wait longer, there's a guy on ebay that runs a storefront called mr. injector that will sell you all 8 for $18.

Either way you go it gives you new o-rings, but the ebay storefront gives you new filters for each injector and it ends up being a lot cheaper if you're doing all 8.
ya i bought some injector filters from that guy he is a great seller only one i have ever added to my faverote sellers.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fixed it i am not gonna tell u what was wrong with it but i will say it was my error and i am kicking myself in the ass for being so dumb.....

it runs now but it has a rough idle it sounds like there is a cam in it. once u get it going it runs fine. i timed it also does anyone know where to pull the vacuum for the egr valve from? i had it directly to the intake and it made it idle like **** but the check engine light is on and i think it is on cause we dont have any cacuum to the egr... also how do i reset the computer?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no i had the fireing order going clockwise insted of counter clockwise

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the fireing order was right the engine was wrong :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
if the egr does not have vacuum to it the car will run with out any problems but the valve could be bad and cause a vacuum leak if you hooked up the egr directly to the manifold you might have broke the diagram inside and created the leak but the egr gets its vacuum from the plug with 3 or 4 vacuum lines that is located on the passenger side of the engine bay between the strut tower and the firewall i think the red hose is for the egr

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
your best bet is to get rid of the EGR, smog pump, and EGR tubes all together. You can get a EGR delete plate and an EGR simulator for about $40 total on Ebay. You should not get a engine light from running no vacuum to the EGR, but the EGR vacuum comes from a little white tube that is connected to the vacuum 6 way connector thing on the passenger side near where the computer harness goes through the firewall. There should be the air thermactor solenoids over there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts