Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed my altenator in my 96 Mustang GT. Autozone told me the old one was bad. Well i bought one and put it in and the battery light is still coming on and my car is running on low ampage. Its still in the normal range but isnt as high as it used to be. I drove the car for about 10 minutes and it never shut off so what is the problem?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Did you plug it in? Not the main bolt on battery cable, but the connector. I forgot to do it once, it was most embarrassing.

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
go back to autozone and if it still says a bad battery maybe they can shut it off or its another problem

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:withhomo on this. take your battery to them and have them do a test on it to make sure as it may have a dead cell.

·
Registered
641 Posts
+1 on the battery.. however dont put it past that alternator for being junk.. autozone rebuilds are crap

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Si yesterday i took the altenator back off and had it checked again and saikd it was fine and the battery tested good. So today im goin to jack up the car and hopefully find a ground in the wire some where. Any other ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts