Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ford mustang shell and I am wanting to put a ls1 into. I really am needing some help or someone to point me to a thread where someone already has.
What do I need and where do I get it?
I know they make specialty k-members and control arms but who makes the best?
I have a t-5 but the bell housing is built into case so I dont know if it will work, besides a t-56 sounds waay better since the cobras came with one would a stock driveshaft and trans mount work?
And how can I get my hyda-steer to work?

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
ls in a mustang = :bash:

Are you sure about that? lol someone may be able to guide you through that, but as for "help", you're beyond "helping" at this point....

:D

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
honestly your probably not going to find a lot of help or experience with that here, this is afterall a ford mustang site

try ls1tech or a forum like that

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
honestly your probably not going to find a lot of help or experience with that here, this is afterall a ford mustang site

try ls1tech or a forum like that
:withhomo

;)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
pm garagebuilt01 (sorry if i messed up your sceen name) but he has an chevy motor in his mustang iirc

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
I have a 2000 ford mustang shell and I am wanting to put a ls1 into.

who does this?:bash:

I really am needing some help

yes you do:screwy:

What do I need and where do I get it?

a chevy...google crap:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Join a Chevy forum?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why dont all of you forum junkies who cant do a thing but talk ****, just shut up, seriously. I am sure yall would post something of value if you actually knew anything to begin with

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
dude out of all the ford motors you have the option of swapping in, you chose a chevy over all of them and dont expect a little **** talking? why not a 4v or a 5.4 swap?

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
why dont all of you forum junkies who cant do a thing but talk ****, just shut up, seriously. I am sure yall would post something of value if you actually knew anything to begin with
:facepalm: insulting a forum and still expecting help is silly. As others have said, go to LS1tech because there you will most likely find your answer more quickly and with more experienced people dealing with that engine.

Honestly most of us here would recommend putting a 4v 4.6 out of a cobra in your mustang as it will yield better and easier results.

If you already have an LSx engine why not just buy a camaro shell?

·
Registered
499 Posts
One thing you will need is either a aftermarket k-member with motor mounts that accept lsx. They make it just google it. I think they have different mounts for stock k-member.

As far as bell housing they make kits for certain trans depending in what trans you want. Google it.

Like everybody else said, most info would be on ls1 sites. That's where google took me

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my apologies but but me expecting to find my answers for such a swap on a mustang forum seemed clooser to home than finding them on a chevy forum. and when I said shell I mean its a shell it has already had a 2jz in it. Jegs has a 5.3 engine controller kit for $1100 that works with almost any 05+ 5.3 which I can get for around $600 around these parts. it is a cheap and easy drive terrain. Any idea what a 4v cobra or mach 1 engine would run? plus harness pcm ect...?
I have no problem with Ford I mean I am a Tech for a Ford dealership and I have all my certifications except for the 6.7 diesel but I am going to that class soon.
And anyone who has a problem with a chevy engine should read this http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/engine/1213tr_vortec_5_3l_big_bang/viewall.html and let me know If a 4.6 or 5.4 could take it.
Thankyou B A mustang for actually answering my question

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
it depends on which 4v you go with. the B heads are easier and cheaper to get then c heads. Whole motors can be pulled from navis. You could probably piece one together for around 600 minus odds and ends you will need. if you went the 2v route (which i wouldnt) it can be had for cheaper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just think it would be a cooler build, if I wanted a 4v why not just buy a 03-04 cobra and start from there? or buy a gt with a 2v? there are thousands of those within miles of me. A coyote swap or a navi 5.4 would be cool but my options would be kinda limited at this point.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
did you go look on ls1tech? :screwy:

the best info your going to find will most likely be on there

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
a coyote swap would be what i would do if i had the funds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes I did Im sorry I just decided to go this direction yesterday and thought the forum I am already a part of would be a good start.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts