Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so my friend has a 1994 v6 stang and its throwing a code for a heated o2 sensor. now if i remeber correctly their are 4 o2 sensors on a v6? or is that only on GTs. my main question is how do i know which sensor needs changed. also once i change the bad one, do i have to reset the ECU to clear the code? thanks for your help guys in advance, reps will be given for all your guys help:foshizzle:

·
The Mustang & I are one!
144 Posts
Normally the lower O2 sensors goes bad faster, but like a few catz above me posted...the code should actually tell you which O2 sensor went bad, but I suggest that you change out both of them, not just the bad one only.

Here's a tip...if you had a Tuner you could of simply turn off the O2 sensors...problem solved. lol :exactly Good luck! :)

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Normally the lower O2 sensors goes bad faster, but like a few catz above me posted...the code should actually tell you which O2 sensor went bad, but I suggest that you change out both of them, not just the bad one only.

Here's a tip...if you had a Tuner you could of simply turn off the O2 sensors...problem solved. lol :exactly Good luck! :)
But he can't turn off the heated ones so it would do him no good

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts