Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of TSW Nurburgrings this week and am having a slight issue and am wondering if anybody else has experienced this?

I got 19x9 (32mm offset) on the front and 19x9.5 (41mm offset) on the rear. The probelm is the front center caps do not sit flush because the hub hits them and pushes them out a little. They are in far enough to stay, but it does not look right at all. TSW says they have never heard of this issue and they do not know why the hub is hitting the center cap. The rear center caps have no issues.

Not sure if this info helps, but the car is a GT premium, came with the optional 19 inch wheels, and does not have the Brembo kit.

Thanks for any help.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Probably just the hub lip, **** what is that called. What the hub centric ring sits on.

Anyways generally the front and rear are different sizes, because on a RWD the rear hub will be beefier.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If you have to just shave some of the inside of the center cap off to make it fit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I just don't get why it is hitting the front center caps and pushing them out! I have seen these wheels on many Mustangs and TSW says they have put this exact setup on a lot of Mustangs and never heard of this issue. I don't understand what would be special about mine to cause an issue! haha

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well either they ****ed up on the design of the wheels you got or Ford just ****ed up the way they built your car. Have you tried putting the rear caps in the front to see if its the caps or maybe the rear wheels in the front to see if maybe its just those two wheels. That should eliminate whether its the wheels or car causing the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be swapping the rears to the front to see if they clear or not. Thanks for the idea, I guess I was so aggravated I didn't even think about that. lol

·
Registered
664 Posts
Got any pics of then wheels on the car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts