Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys have any plastidip on your car and you want an easy way to get rid of hard to reach spots, or just stubborn plastidip in general, then read this.

I had a few spots of plastidip still on my decklid that was proving being difficult to come off. Here are those areas:

I went out and got some 3M Adhesive Remover to see if that would work in getting the rest of the plastidip out of those trouble areas.

I sprayed the 3M Adhesive Remover onto an inconspicuous spot to see how well it worked. I let it sit for about 10-15 seconds, then wiped it off with a Terry Cloth. This was just a single pass over it.

I was VERY surprised on how well it removed the plastidip with minimal effort. I proceeded to do the rest of the trouble areas and here was the final outcome after about 10 minutes.

The 3M Adhesive Remover removes all product that you had on your paint before hand, so I decided to clay bar, wax with CG XXX wax and then top it off with CG V07.

You can see some of the leftover plastidip that I couldn't see with my eyes.

Following it up with XXX

After letting the wax sit for 20 mins, I buffed it off.

Then topped off with V07.

If you guys have any plastidip that you want to get off in hard to reach spaces, then I HIGHLY recommend this stuff!

Reactions: MustangLouver

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sonic, I usually suck at write ups but this just came naturally :lol

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice i'll be picking some of that up in the future. Btw them taillights look dull lol
Do it man, you won't regret it. Yeah my car sat for about 5 months without me washing it and the AZ sand basically destroyed the finish. I'm getting a set of Raxiom's from AM soon though.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Do it man, you won't regret it. Yeah my car sat for about 5 months without me washing it and the AZ sand basically destroyed the finish. I'm getting a set of Raxiom's from AM soon though.
Yeah for sure i'll get some, and yeah man i was thinking of getting some of those too but was maybe thinking of getting vht/clear and do them maybe like two coats of vht. I like how they look.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yeah for sure i'll get some, and yeah man i was thinking of getting some of those too but was maybe thinking of getting vht/clear and do them maybe like two coats of vht. I like how they look.
Try this first! I had great results with 2 light coats of VHT, then 5 or 6 light coats of clear, then wetsand and polish! The only downside is, you MUST keep wax on them or they will dull out after a few months. I had to polish mine again after a few months because I didn't wax them when I waxed the car, but since then I've been using wax on the tails and they're fine.

OP, Awesome write-up. I needed this to get plasti-dip off that same spot on the trunk as you! I will have to pick up some of that adhesive remover Monday and get to it.

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem man! Just be sure to reapply some wax after you're done because it will strip all previous products off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts