Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sami
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2005 gt and it is turbocharged..I was running on stock injectors as a trial peroid before swaping to 39# .the engine was running lean with no misfires until we swapped the injectors to 39 it started misfiring at wot and we decided to put the stock ones back until we can get it to the dyno..
The problem is this: engine is misfiring at WOT at 2nd and mostly at 3rd and 4th gear eventhough we returned back the stock injectors! We changed the fuel pump and still same problem.
Sct is only throwing two codes ( system lean b1 & b2)
Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Well first off, the stock injectors are probably not able to handle the fuel needs for your current set up. That is why you are getting the lean codes. Please don't go WOT with the stock injectors in there. I don't want your next thread to be about how you have a new crankcase ventilation system. As far as your new injectors go, you can not just swap them out without changing the tune. You either have stock 19# or 24# injectors. Well when you put the 39#'s in there without changing the tune, you are now throwing anywhere from over 50% to 100% more fuel at it then before. So now your running super rich. May have fouled a plug or two also. Unless your car knows it has different injectors, it thinks it needs so much of a pulse to properly supply the fuel when it actually needs a much smaller pulse of fuel. Please stop driving your car until you get it to the dyno. Tow it to the dyno or get a limp tune with the proper sized injectors, but no more WOT unless you want to really do some damage and you want to rebuild your motor.

Edit: How much boost are you running and who installed the turbo? They should have known that it's pretty stupid to try and run a boosted motor without the right size injectors or any tuning.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
If the guy didnt change the injectors, i would also check your plugs. Not sure why someone would boost a car without changing the injectors, but since they did, check out the plugs too.

·
Sami
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thnx guys for your input and the advices, you all rock!
It turned out to be a malfunction in coil g and I replaced it. Next step is to the dyno.will post results later! Thnx again!

·
Registered
932 Posts
you still need to put the bigger injectors in and change the plugs and trailer that car to the dyno no more driving it or you will **** yourself as stated above

1 - 6 of 6 Posts