Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Modded Mustangs, but I am hoping someone out there knows enough to help me out. I took my car in to have a new leather seat cover put on the driver seat. When I picked up the car, the clutch felt completely different. Not that big of a deal, but now when I down shift my rpms will not raise over 2000 rpm. I am at a loss and will be taking my car back to the dealership to see what they say, but I hate walking in blind. If anyone knows of anything that might cause this, it would help dramatically.
Thanks in Advance for any help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
whays up smitty if u havent taken ur car back yet than this is what sounds like is wrong im a automotive mechanic in nj if a cars clutch slips, than it wont go above 2000 rpm u can figure it out by putting it into say 4th or 5th gear and put the gas to the floor if rpms go up quickly and car isnt picking up speed fast engine is screaming ur clutch is prob. smoked .. if it wasnt like that b4 u took it there mostlikely they beat the hell out of ur car u should have taken it back as soon as u noticed it they might put it on u saying that u did it good luck with it dont take there ****!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Lar for responding. I am not having any trouble accelerating through the gears. The problem is when I downshift without rev matching, it is almost like my car isn't in gear. I don't get any rpms or drag on the car almost like coasting, but when i get back in the throttle it goes fine. I have no idea what could cause this, I am now thinking that it might be something electrical.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts