Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was porting my lower intake,i thought the EGR nozzel was solid so i started to cut it down and blend it in. WRONG so now that the tip is gone should i press in a tube with the proper diameter hole and continue to use EGR? Or B grind them out and plug them solid and blend them in. If i do B can i get buy for a month with out EGR untill i can get a SCT to tune it?

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
lol what are you porting with?
Mine are left open on my car just as yours are seen...
for customers I usually port around it or fill it

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
You don't need to get it tuned right away. From what I've heard, you don't ven really need a tune because it really doesn't affect anything. I deleted mine and didn't get a tune and there's no CEL or anything. But I mean when you get the tuner, sure its just as easy to turn whatever it is off in the comp. And what are you supposed to port with? Just wondering, I've jut been using an air die grinder with one of those metal cutters.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't need to get it tuned right away. From what I've heard, you don't ven really need a tune because it really doesn't affect anything. I deleted mine and didn't get a tune and there's no CEL or anything. But I mean when you get the tuner, sure its just as easy to turn whatever it is off in the comp. And what are you supposed to port with? Just wondering, I've jut been using an air die grinder with one of those metal cutters.
Thank you , thats the answer i was hoping for.already cut them out and filled . will finish in morning when dry.:yes:yes

sorry almost forgot. porting tools / same only i have proffessional wepons

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
lol many people think they have "porting tools" a stone isnt a porting tool...not saying thats what you have but ive seen in many cases

Ileft mine open with a deleted plate.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
lol many people think they have "porting tools" a stone isnt a porting tool...not saying thats what you have but ive seen in many cases

Ileft mine open with a deleted plate.
No problem I've been doing this for 35 yrs. Just not familar with this manifold.i am more of a machinist/builder than a tuner
think i'll just tap an put a pipe plug in front also.it will look a little cleaner than a plate. thanks

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Chris, what do you really recommend using for porting? Those flexible extensions? It;s just a little hard to get all the way through the lower.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
i dont use anything flexiblejust a dremel and the sanding rolls
what grit sanding rolls do you use? and how do they work? i am hoping to get the windstar and port my lower this spring. I have done a little gasket matching work on couple of friends cars, not v6 mustangs, but I am jc what works best. In your opinion.

oh and also, I am not porting my heads so should I just leave the lower part of my lower intake so it is tapered into my heads, or just do them. I am planning on doing my heads in the future just not now because I do not have enough money.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
it cost like $60 for head gaskets and $40 for head bolts?

im hoping your removing the lower intake as well. if your just porting the lower and not the heads, i'd just gasket match the top and port about 1-2inches down and let it taper to stock. You'll get more velocity that way and more air.

Anyone thats just porting with low grit sanding rolls is wasting a lot of time. about a couple hours EASY. a deburr and high speed dremel works best. But the burr cuts fast, so many will see if they're using an air compressor and trying to port on their own intakes that they will port beyond gasket and ruin it
I strickly use sanding rolls when i port all my heads and intakes for my car or customers for only polishing and fine smoothing the gasket matched portion. a burr takes away MUCH more aluminum then a sand roll and will actually give you the extra volume you're looking for

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
ok thanks chris.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts