Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this on CL and it seems like a good deal. If anyone knows, is it the 2.97/.50 ratio or the 2.66/.63? Also, will this work in my car with a different BH, DS, and crossmember? Finally, is the shifter in the same spot so it will actually fit?
Viper Srt-10 T56 Transmission Perfect Condition

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning on getting a T-56 mag. This is a pretty good deal

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Its the 2.66 .5 trans if its a true viper. Would need a custom input and adapter/front cover to work proprly. Yes shifter is same spot. My verts T56 was a viper conversion from d and d. Call them and ask for Joe, he can tell you what you,ll need to make it work.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Plus dude, even though it'll cost a lot, it's stronger than a magnum tranny. I've seen stock viper t56s go 8s.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$1200 is chump change for this thing. I talked to the guy and he said it came out of a Viper so SURELY he's not lying, lol. I think I'm going to get it. You sure it's stronger than the mag?

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
$1200 is chump change for this thing. I talked to the guy and he said it came out of a Viper so SURELY he's not lying, lol. I think I'm going to get it. You sure it's stronger than the mag?
Yes. Positive.

Viper spec t56s have held 1000hp+

Like I said... A viper with a stock clutch and stock trans went high 8s at 165 or so. He was launching on slicks too so it's not like he had a 2.0 60 foot, lol.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
The magnum is good to 700-750ish horsepower. While that's plenty for pretty much most people, the viper spec is still stronger. Plus a long first gear is pretty cool :lol just doesn't help your 60 foot :lmao

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talked to Joe at D&D (thanks nx) and he said it'll cost a LOT to make it fox ready. He said something about only the middle case being able to be used. He also said the mag can/has handled 1000 hp, they are just conservative on the rating.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Sent you a quick question nxcoupe. Sorry for the the irrelevant post :D

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Talked to Joe at D&D (thanks nx) and he said it'll cost a LOT to make it fox ready. He said something about only the middle case being able to be used. He also said the mag can/has handled 1000 hp, they are just conservative on the rating.
And yes they're expensive...

I believe D&D has a whole conversion kit (tranny/bell/driveshaft/flywheel etc) for like 7-8 grand.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe D&D has a whole conversion kit (tranny/bell/driveshaft/flywheel etc) for like 7-8 grand.
Sent from my galaxy s II
$4300 for everything. He said the easiest T-56 to convert of the 3(Viper, GM, Ford) is the Ford for obvious reasons. He did say that with the Terminator tranny I wont be able to have a speedo.

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
NO, not that kind of electronic speedo. That's what the quotes were for. It doesn't use a trans input. And just for future reference :piss2:Eagles :piss2:Cowboys

Signed,
Vikings Fan
(Even though we need to drop Leslie Frasier and he can take Christian Ponder with him too.)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Between him and Jarrod Allen showing love for the game above a paycheck, I love my team. And knock on wood, the ball dropping AP seems to be well behind us.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Go Bengals! Well at least till sunday ruins our hopes and dreams, lol. Ill check out your pm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts