Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ford mustang v6 manual trans and i was thinking of putting a new dual exhaust on it. Iv been looking around and found some but i wasnt sure which would have the best sounding/performing exhaust kit. The two that stand out would be a magnaflow dual exhaust kit or a pypes dual exhaust kit. I know that the pypes one is much cheaper, but i havent really heard much about them so i wonder if they are low quality parts. This is probably going to be the first thing i want to do to my stang. If you have any suggestions on if i should do other things first or afterwards let me know

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Catback System (99-04 V6) This is the Magnaflow Dual Exhaust that i was looking at.

The other exhaust kit was Pypes Exhaust Systems Mustang 3.8L V6 Performance Parts FREE SHIPPING!
The one i was looking at on this page was Pypes 100% Stainless True Dual (off Road) kit for $399.99. This kit seems to come with the xpipe and watnot where as the magnaflow kit only comes with the catback.

Also I need to keep this car street legal and as a daily driver, just one with a little bit more horsepower and torque.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
welcome to the forums! :wave
take a stop over at youtube and places like that and just listen to the different combinations that people have on their sixers. i personally haven't heard pypes on a six yet but I have heard the mags. It all depends on what you like the sound of and what your budget is. imo, one of the best sounding setups on a six cylinder new edge is a full mac exhaust. i used to know a lot more about this stuff, but im sure if you stop by in the V6 Mustang Forum that there'll be some people who can steer you in the right direction with the specifics. Good luck on your decision!

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
a kid i work with has an 01 with the magnaflow dual kit on it. it sounds really really good. i highly suggest it, but up to you on how much you want to spend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts