Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like title says-- i need help ordering the correct rods, pistons, head studs.

The engine is just a stock 4.6 dohc out of a 97 cobra. Im getting forged but what the heck are all the other info in the ads. So thats when I came here. ANy help would be great thank you. Want manley rods, pistons. arp head studs btw.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Rotating Assemblies

Modular Mustang Racing

both these companies can help you out, u can go with either of there rotating assymblies they have for sale and if you wana remove the crank from the kit its like 400bux off or something, check them out.

·
Banned
416 Posts
just like title says-- i need help ordering the correct rods, pistons, head studs.

The engine is just a stock 4.6 dohc out of a 97 cobra. Im getting forged but what the heck are all the other info in the ads. So thats when I came here. ANy help would be great thank you. Want manley rods, pistons. arp head studs btw.
You need a lot more than just those three things...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If a shop is doing the work let them order the parts. Studs will offer no benefit unless you're pushing 20psi boost, so stick with head and main bolts.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do know I need more than the three things I asked for. I am having a buddy build it for me which comes in handy (about 75% less than ford would charge, he works for a performance shop now). I do wanna boost it though. SInce I will be out on deployment, how would I pay a shop for the work? I leave in like three days. lol. I know they need some kind of deposit up front right? OR would I just have to pay all at the end?

·
Banned
416 Posts
On big builds, shops usually require the cost of parts, up front, and then you pay them labor when the car is ready...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts