Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and picked up my intake gasket today, and as i was coming home i had a bad feeling. Will it even work??? I have stock heads that were not reworked, just polished. BUT, i have a edlebrock performer 302 intake. Will the stock lower intake gaskets work? Andt if anyone could tell me where the part # is located on the intake manifold i could possibly give you the part number if you need it... i need this done before monday so i need to find out what i need to do ASAP!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Do you have an extra car so you could just take the intake off and check? Although I believe the answer is yes

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
well, not really :( ... possibly borrow my dads but he doesn't want me too since i've got my own car... anyone else have an idea?!?!?
I think you will be all set with that gasket. Do rush stuff, you will end up with leaks. I don't see why your Dad wouldn't let you borrow his car, I would be out there helping my kids if they got in a jam.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Do you have the carb or efi version?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks like it takes a Edelbrock 7220 intake gasket.

I would take the manifold into a parts store and see if you can check it against an off the shelf gasket.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where did you find that 79'293stang???
I picked up a stock gasket today that i can check against, but i really just want to get it swapped at once. i dont want to skimp on it, but if the stock gasket will work, i want to use it

·
Registered
756 Posts
Line it up and see if it matches. If it matches then you should be good. Just ensure you seal it properly and follow the proper torquing instructions. Its not something that you can just bolt and go.

The information is available on the Edelbrock website.

·
Registered
756 Posts

·