Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
work in progress
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP. My 1990 fox is running rich and breaking up under acceleration. I have replaced all my gaskets except oil pan. All new vacuum lines. Only codes are egr and aic, which do not cause that. My mods

Gt40 heads
Gt40 upper and lower intake
Stage 2 trick flow cam
Trick flow long tube headers
24 lbs injectors
Cold air intake

·
work in progress
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the maf from the zone unfortunately. The plugs are black. i bought the maf 3 days ago. i can get up to about 2000 rmps and then it will buck and jerk hard enough to give you whiplash.

·
work in progress
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would actually like to talk to someone on the phone. It could speed up my process a little. i have put over $700 in the last month in sensors and gaskets.

·
work in progress
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess, it is the one autozone gave me. it matched the numbers on the one i turned in.

·
work in progress
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they were in the car when i bought it. So if i get my maf tuned it would be fine?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Good catch scott, i missed that all together

·
work in progress
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am new to the tuning stuff. How do i tune the maf or where could i have it done?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
they were in the car when i bought it. So if i get my maf tuned it would be fine?
Pick one

#1. Dyno tune it.

#2. Put your 19 lb injectors in

#3. Get a maff calibrated for 24 lb injectors

·
work in progress
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where can i get a maf calibrated at or buy one calibrated?

·
work in progress
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i am new to all of this, are those maf's or places i can get it calibrated at? I really am not dumb. lol

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
You can't do squat with yours unless you go to get dyno tuning and a custom chip burnt for your car. And if you happen to flow more air than it's designed for, which I have no idea how much air the stock one can support, then you will 'peg' the meter and it'll be maxed out before you max out rpm.

·
work in progress
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i am calling autozone to see if they still have my old one. it wasn't the problem it was my fuel pump. it was calibrated for my injectors.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts