Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finished putting my 4v swap together i start the car and press in the brake pedal i hear like this humming/grinding noise coming from the trans area near the clutch. what could this noise be? could it just be that the clutch needs adjustment? Also the car is still up on jack stands front and rear

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have any suggestions? the sound kinda sounds like an eeeehhhhhh sound (only way to describe it)

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Brake noise coming from the trans? Could it just be the hydraboost unit making noise? Is the power steering fluid full and not foamy?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brake noise coming from the trans? Could it just be the hydraboost unit making noise? Is the power steering fluid full and not foamy?
thats exactly what i said. but i hear it coming from the clutch area, which is confusing me.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clutch area, like in the bellhousing? Does it make the same noise when turning?
yeah from the bellhousing area, ill have to check on the turning part tomorrow.

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
It would need to be on the ground to load the steering, if it does it when turning its prolly gonna be bad. Really the only thing it could be is a thrust bearing allowing the crank to walk back and touch the pressure plate to the throw out bearing, but that almost never happens. What if you hold the clutch and hit the brake?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it is the thrust bearing what would of caused this? And how can I tell for sure if it is?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well found out that it wasn't anything major at all. Checked my power steering fluid and it was low l, I filled it and turned the steering wheel and fluid went down and filled it and turned wheel and it was normal level. Pressed on brake pedal an sound was no longer there. I reckon the sound was just traveling through the motor to the rear and that's why I thought it was coming from the clutch area.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
good to hear ya got it figured out. any pics of said swap?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
yea i found it now lol

but thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts