Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please Help!

I cant for the life of me figure this out and its really tedious. Im working on the transmission cooling lines on a 2000 mustang gt. It is an automatic transmission and im attaching the lines to the transmission and radiator today.

MY problem is that when I connect the lines they dont really fit and are being bended. I have them connected from the top radiator hole to the top radiator hole, and the bottom transmission hole to the bottom radiator hole. It doesnt look like they are sitting right.

So there are two holes on the transmission for the lines, the top and bottom hole. Then there are two holes on the radiator for the lines, the top hole and the bottom hole. Are the transmission cooling lines supposed to go top hole to top hole and bottom to bottom? Or do the lines cross and run from the bottom of the transmission to the top of the radiator? This is a much bigger problem for me than it should be any advice would be much appreciated. I have a friend that says they might cross because the transmission fluid is hot and goes from the bottom of the transmission to the top of the radiator. Then runs through the radiator and comes out the bottom of the radiator and goes to the top of the transmission. Can anyone confirm this?

Theres also a metal bracket that holds these lines, I cant get the lines within two inches of where the bracket sits reguardless of where i put in the lines. Its really bothering me.. Ive been working on an engine swap for a long time and its hard to think straight because the project has taken so long. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm not certain, and its hard to tell with just that one picture, but you can probably put the lines into the bracket first, and then connect them. They may need bent a bit, depending how they were stored. Are there markings on the transmission ports/radiator?

You want fluid to exit the transmission, enter the hotter part of the rad, go through the cooler, and return to the trans as you said. You say you're working on an engine swap, are you sure the lines are for the correct setup (ie same setup you have?)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts