Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having issues with my car aggressively bogging and I finally got the opportunity to do some datalogging... My problem is that I've never done this before so I'm going to put up my data and hope someone on here is familiar with this stuff.

Also I'm not sure what the difference is between a PID and an Enhanced PID. I saved the datalog to a .csv file and uploaded it to sendspace so anyone can take a look at it with SCT LiveLink.

datalog1.csv

During the entire log, the first few minutes are just the car idling, and towards the end it did bog but I don't know the exact time. Let me know what you guys think, thank you.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
need more info.... RPM, voltage, etc. etc.

you had a couple of fuel pressure spikes towards the end and at one point your fuel pressure dropped to 30psi. but again i can't tell you what the deal is without more info...

Read: http://www.tricktuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Download gen 1. Gen 2 sucks

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Same, it's definitely the best one. So much easier and newb friendly

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I'm about to go do another log. I'll get...

• Engine rpm
  • Battery Volts
  • Engine Load
  • maf ad counts
  • Pressure drop across injectors
  • Spark
  • STFT
  • LTFT

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just did a 3 minute log while I drove around the block, it bogged a little getting out of the driveway, halfway around the block it cut out a little but not very rough, and 100ft from my driveway it fell on its face.

Here's the link to the log.

datalog3.csv

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Go to trick tuners website, and forums. There's a section datalogging, he'll tell you all the PIDs to select when data logging.

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts
it does look like your MAF is a bit jumpy but nothing else looks out of normal.

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm, I'll take the maf out and clean it tomorrow. It is throwing the P0320 again just so you guys know.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
since it seems to happen regularly. charge your battery to full charge and unplug your alt and take for a drive, make sure all acc.are off and see if it runs better. If your still throwing code p0320 after replacing sensor, the alt could be a big possiblity. also check wiring to coils

Not downloading any apps to see the datalog so not able to see

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've already replaced the crank sensor and my car ran fine for a few days until this. I just finished cleaning the maf, let it dry and put it back on. Let the car idle to operating temp and I while I was in my garage it died. Started it back up and it was running like ****, tried to move it and it sounded like it was backfiring, rough idle, and I had to keep on the gas for it to not stall.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going to replace the cam sensor, and I'll put another crank sensor in.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Did u use maf sensor cleaner?

I bet the cam sensor might be bad

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I've already replaced the crank sensor and my car ran fine for a few days until this. I just finished cleaning the maf, let it dry and put it back on. Let the car idle to operating temp and I while I was in my garage it died. Started it back up and it was running like ****, tried to move it and it sounded like it was backfiring, rough idle, and I had to keep on the gas for it to not stall.

you did plug it back in good?

wasting money if you throw another crank sensor at it. you can try a cam sensor but it was not throwing a code for it. have you tried unplugging the alt?

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I used maf cleaner, and a crank sensor is only like $20 so it isn't a big deal replacing it for shits n giggles. No sense in unplugging the alternator if the car barely runs at all.

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How about a derp moment, I get home from autozone with new sensors, open the hood with the car running and I look down and see a harness touching a pulley -____- go figure it was the one to the crank sensor. Fixed the wiring and buttoned everything back up, waiting for it to hi operating temp before I drive it. Wish me luck-

1 - 20 of 22 Posts