Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so here is the dilemma I bought a used FRPP intake (starting to think it was a horrible idea) it came with some rigged up nasty looking bolts that look like it was made by welding a stud to some threads from a bolt with a head cut off and had a nut welded to the top. Does anyone know if I could get the hardware from FRPP? or maybe somewhere that would carry the ones i need and does anyone know the sizes of the bolts?

Another problem im having is that it didnt come with a fuel crossover line. (Didnt notice that till after i recieved it) Would oriellys carry a hose that would work or would i need to add clamps? I really would rather have the correct hose from FRPP but im pretty sure they cant/wont do that. One other idea was to change out my fuel rails and possibly injectors but i really dont have alot of mods just yet. So what I am asking is would adding rails and injectors be a bad decision w/o additional mods or would it be safe and beneficial to change them? I noticed on the scott drake rails they suggest the fuel line kit does anyone have this and does it work with the frpp intake since you have to route it underneath the intake instead of above?

Any help would be great. I appreciate it everyone.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Take the bolt down to your local hardware store and match it up.

Use your old fuel crossover.

It would be safe but probably not beneficial. And you would have to get retuned with an injector change.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i think im going to run into a problem with finding the proper bolts since one is almost 5 in long ill try to post picture of it you will be like wtf. also for the crossover your suppose to cut it to get it off of the rails and its not long enough to work with the frpp intake

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
well i think im going to run into a problem with finding the proper bolts since one is almost 5 in long ill try to post picture of it you will be like wtf. also for the crossover your suppose to cut it to get it off of the rails and its not long enough to work with the frpp intake
I can't remember cutting my fuel lines off of my fuel rails. But anyways then just go get some fuel line from the autoparts store. They should sell it by the foot. And I guess you'll need a couple of clamps then too. I thought you said the FRPP manifold routes the fuel crossover underneath, I would think you would need less hose but I don't know how it is configured

As for the long bolt, you'll have to post up a pic, but I would think you could get some all thread cut to whatever length you need and then jam a couple of nuts on there.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i figured was that it work with the stock hose and im pretty sure in the american muscle post of how to install it said to cut lines and replace with the longer provided hose. I plan on picking up hose and clamps tomorrow and making a run to home depot and hope they have what i need.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Thats what i figured was that it work with the stock hose and im pretty sure in the american muscle post of how to install it said to cut lines and replace with the longer provided hose. I plan on picking up hose and clamps tomorrow and making a run to home depot and hope they have what i need.

Cool. I'll check back with you tomorrow to see how you made out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good luck at Home Depot but I think you will be better off going to a fastener shop like Fastenal or a mom and pops hardware store. I have a Ward's around the corner with a great selection of fasteners from standard to metric, various grades, button heads to flat heads.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea went to Home Depot and they have the worst metric bolt selection I've ever seen went to west lake and no luck and fastenal was close today but I started looking at the intake and i honestly have no clue why there are 5 in bolts so I'm going to replace them with ones I know will work
Will post pics later of one mans fine craftsman ship of making a bolt

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
another problem dont have a tq wrench that does 89 in/lbs any ideas oriellys can get one but i dont want to spend 125 for something ill use once

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
You'll use it more than once. But for your intake manifold it is not that vital of an issue the get the bolts torqued exactly. Just get them tight without crushing the O-rings. If you're running a lot of boost I would err on the side of too tight.
Been wrenching on cars for years. Never used a torque wrench on stuff like valve covers, alternator brackets or whatever. Now head bolts, connecting rods, journal bearings and such need precise torque requirements.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
^ +1 On that
When I took off my valve cover, I just made sure it was pretty snug, but not to the point where I put alot of force, Usually I just give it a little tug and its good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright thanks guys I just keep seeing all these tq specs on these install threads and makes me go looney

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i already have a half inch snap on torque wrench (ft lbs)and i have a 3/8 torque wrench but it doesn't go down to 86 in lbs. usually the snap on wont go down to what i need on ft lbs and when i convert it to in lbs the 3.8 wont go that low either

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I had to go out and buy one when I did my cams. Now I have 3 torque wrenches.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have some sockets ill be trading in to my snap on guy ill see what kind of discount he will cut me, hopefully there is a holiday sale lol

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Where do those bolts go or attach to?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts