Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to the forums here i was gonna see if you guys could help me out. i got a 2005 v6 automatic and im having problems with my tranny. When i put the car in reverse every once in awhile it will take a second to shift into reverse and then jerk hard into reverse. also im getting really hard shifts between gears and then every once in awhile between 2nd and 3rd gear my tranny slips and then jerks hard. any ideas on what it could be? or should i just be ready to yank my tranny and get it rebuilt?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that could possibly be it. ive honestly never had it serviced which i just probably need to do. but to change to the fluid level they still have to drop the tranny since its a sealed transmission dont they?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh really? ive been told that the only way was to drop the tranny since theres no dipstick. but looks like i was lied to lol. can i check it myself? or should i just have a tranny shop do it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never mind guys i actually went and spoke with my transmission guy today and hooked it up to the computer and it didnt throw any codes so im just gonna get my fluid changed and filter changed next week and see what that does

·
V6inator
126 Posts
mine didnt throw any codes, and i lost R and D. 1,2 and 3 still worked and got me to the trans shop. they had to rebuild it. they sleeved the casing bores for the servos, had to replace a bunch of parts, rebuilt the torque converter which was really cool ( upped the stall speed 200) and they installed a add on cooler i got from am for $2,040.

i had a whine on start ups for a few years only in the winters that would last a few minutes at best. thats gone now and now i get a mean bite in 2nd and a nice chirp in 3rd with these big overrsize tires i`m running that i wasnt getting before.

hope the fluid change helps you out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine didnt throw any codes, and i lost R and D. 1,2 and 3 still worked and got me to the trans shop. they had to rebuild it. they sleeved the casing bores for the servos, had to replace a bunch of parts, rebuilt the torque converter which was really cool ( upped the stall speed 200) and they installed a add on cooler i got from am for $2,040.

i had a whine on start ups for a few years only in the winters that would last a few minutes at best. thats gone now and now i get a mean bite in 2nd and a nice chirp in 3rd with these big overrsize tires i`m running that i wasnt getting before.

hope the fluid change helps you out
ya hopefully its gonna help out.. i really dont wanna break out and rebuild my tranny if i dont have too would rather spend the money on more mods :0.. i also see you have the tci ratchet shifter how do you like it?? and is it worth the money?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts