Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the storm a few weeks back did in my girl's 99 New Edge here in Maryland, flooded her engine bay while she was driving and ultimately killed the car dead on the street. I had it towed to Pepboys and they said the engine cannot be saved.

Her insurance company wants it towed to a serious shop to have the engine torn down for a real diagnostic. They're saying if they don't find that the street flood killed the engine then we'll be responsible for everything.

I've never had an insurance company tackle an engine repair. I'm trying to find a shop I can have them take it to that will work in our favor to either get the car back running or for them to just cut her a check for whatever it's worth. Any suggestions or tips on how to proceed?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Yep. Go find a good shop and tell them what happened and that the insurance company is trying to **** you. Ask them if they've ever heard of such damage ( they have) and if they would be willing to perform the insurance companies' inspection at the insurance companies' expense. **** insurance companies. They suck donkey bawlz.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've posted around to see if I can't find a shop that'll work with me. Either way they'll be getting paid, I just don't want to get screwed because her insurance company doesn't want to pay despite shes been with them for half a decade now.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
It's not all that uncommon. It happens. If you speak to a shop that has never heard of such issues I would seek a different shop.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I would hire a lawyer and have that attorney contact your insurance company on your behalf. The attorney will bill you for a letter and maybe a couple telephone calls. The insurance company will back down because it will cost them more to go to court.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts