Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I bought this car for some guy for outrageous price and it comes down to it the motor is no good so I need to know the cheapest easiest build that I can build and for it I don't want to go stock should I stick with the 302 or go 351 w need help

·
Registered
8 Posts
And trying to get some advice before I just throw parts at it and it not work
Definitely talk with Jim @ fordstrokers.

You will need a machine shop for the block prep, balancing (strongly suggested but not required).

I've got a few mild to wild builds behind me, and from experience... taking the time to do it all once is "cheaper" than twice.

If you have specific questions, I may be able to help, maybe others also.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay I bought this car for some guy for outrageous price and it comes down to it the motor is no good so I need to know the cheapest easiest build that I can build and for it I don't want to go stock should I stick with the 302 or go 351 w need help
i know what you could build. Build this= Get an aftermarket block with 302 mains with the large bore size, 4.125 and bore it to finish bore size at 4.155" , put in your stock crank 302 and you got a lightweight stock deck height 302 that is actually 326 cubic inches and way more efficient than closer to square bore and stroke combos = more power. add a 3.25" stroke 331 crank and you get exactly 352.69 cubic inches! and it looks like a bone stock 302 and deck height! i am selling my 355 chevy and building this engine for a camaro! heck even with ported 'P' heads or whatever its going to be a great engine with just the block man! think about it you have the over bore size of a small block chevy 400! its priceless! Get the block at all costs, you shall need rods and pistons though ;o) just imagine with trick flow R heads and the correct geometry pistons! it shall be a great engine with any cam and intake combo! even with p heads it shall be great and look stock, that is what i would do, and you'll roast those 351's and they'll say, dang what the heck is that thang! i myself am thinking seriously about doing this, i am just sharing a great thing with you, even if the block is 2500 or 3000 you have an INVINCIBLE street block for a foundation! i am excited. I know you can do it. 😃 i am building the 369 cubic inch stoker of this! = using stock deck of 8.2" windsor block and windsor 302 mains with the large 4.155" bore (4.125 specified) you shall need to get it finish machined and what not, imaging the 347 stroker crank . . . that gives you = 368.96892 or 369 cubic inches! this is huge power in a short deck package that looks like a bone stock 302 man this is awesome, that is with a 3.4" crank and the 4.155" bore size (4.125+ O.O3O" overbore) get a good mahle piston with the longest rod you can fit to fit the 8.2" deck height. That is 1.7" radius equals 6.5" for your rod and piston combo so 5.4" rod and 1.1' piston. Gives 1.588:1 rod ratio, the 353 with 5.4" rod gives 1.66:1 and the stock stroke crank gives the best 1.8:1 rod ratio , this rod ratio is the most power producing in boosted applications, whereas the 2:1 in NA engines is the best you can have all things considered. This 302 based windsor engine absolutely dominates every combo i ever have configured and blueprinted! Some say stroker kits, i say 'block' all the way. even with just a block and pistons you get 326 cubic inches! and you can go to 4.185" bore so you know , now that equals = 330 cubic inches! use a 331 crank that is = 358 cubic inches INSTEAD of '331' LOL! , and if you use the 3.4" stroker (347) crank that equals= 374 cubic inches! awesome isn't it!!! " . . . yeah, here is his 302 stroker to 347, (he thinks its a 374 lol . . .) yeah nice um 374 you got there hahahahahah. now you have an engine that weighs sub 500 lbs and punches like a 700 lb engine, yeah a 351 weighs more you can get 302's down into 450 lbs, the weight of a small bore buick 350, and your engine performs like 4.185" big bore small block remember that! heads are going to flow more an enhanced version of themselves as if more unshrouding of valve occurs, you could run small valve sizes and still be in the zone. Use a roller cam, and you got it made.laterZ 😄

1 - 9 of 9 Posts