Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I'm planning on making my first purchase for my vehicle which is going to be a new engine. My current one is not blown, nor does it have anything wrong with it. Perhaps I can sell it for some Money back :baller:

Either way, the route I've chosen to go was to purchase the MMR900 engine and I was curious as to a few things. Being a first time buyer, and having basically little to 0 mechanical experience I don't know what all is fixing to happen. This is what the page shows for the engine specs

*Brand New Cast Iron 2004 Cobra Block, torque plate bored and honed

*New 4340 Forged 3.543 stroke Cobra Crankshaft w/micro polished journals at no extra charge
*New 4340 5.933 MMR 900HP H-beam Rods w/ARP rod bolts ( These rods are shotpeened, magnafluxed and weight matched to bring you the finest H-beam rod available for your 4.6)
*New Forged Manley pistons (High, stock or low compression)
*Total Seal file fit rings (precision file fit to your application, nitrous, blower, turbo or N/A)
* Clevite Rod and Main bearings
*Complete Pro Assembly and Balancing for the smoothest, highest revving shortblock available, Pre-Lubricated with Royal Purple Assembly Lube and spin tested. Lastly 3 technicians sign off on your new engine prior to packaging and crating.

I'm not sure what all I'm going to have to do to this engine before it's ready to be placed in the car, I know there's some basics like connecting fuel lines, the headers/exhaust... Air-Intake. But that's about all I know. SO perhaps you guys can fill me in on the extras.

If there are any parts I'm going to need to purchase/ like cams, heads, etc. Please tell me. Tell me which ones I should get, aswell as about how much if possible. I'm looking to have this done, and have it done correctly. The first time.

I'm planning on Super-Charging this engine with the Kenne-Bell S/C (2.6) .. .So I know about the fuel system I'm going to have to get with it, but I'm just talking about getting the engine in the car and running. What needs to be done.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Basically you need a complete gasket set, Head gaskets, valve cover gaskets,intake manifold gaskets, Header gaskets ETC. Also while you have the motor out replace your motor mounts, and make sure you do not cheap out an any gaskets as some of them are a bitch to change later on such as the header gaskets. save all your dowel pins from your old motor or you will be buying those again. Also you will need to save you oil feed tube, and youll understand what i mean once you get this new motor. Ported heads work great with forced induction, or you can spend the extra money and get the trick flow heads which I personally didnt do. As far as cams you want to get with someone like MMR or Kurgan motorsports and have you a set custom ground to match your engine assemble and Forced induction route.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Cabike you can piece it together a lot cheaper. But that is a very simplified system they put together.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
He has no exp with this type of stuff it sounds like. So the kit may be his best route seeing how it has what he needs all in one kit.

I myself may buy the same thing since I don't know too much on the fuel side and lost when I try to research it honestly

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I ventured out and pieced mine together to include lines, fittings, regulator, fuel hat, pumps, wiring, relays,injectors, fuel rails, ill just stop at that cause the more I think about it the more money i realize i have just spent on all that **** lol.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
It all adds up quit. If I know more about what all i would need I what piece together a kit. dual FPDM or modded FPDM confuses me let alone a return set up and whats all needed for that.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I went returnless without any FPDM's. Kurgan deleted them from the tune after I finished the install, Im running my pumps straight off from a relay and controlling fuel pressure through the regulator. This system is very simple and has less electrical parts that can fail on you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts