Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 gt that just hit 28K. I have put a couple $1000 in mods since I have owned it and need help with what direction to go in. I will list the things that are already done and maybe you guys can help with where to go next.

Lowered
Airaed CAI with BAMA custom tuner
Loundmouth II catback exhaust

Last night On my way to work I cracked the intake manifold. Instead of putting another stock plastic one in I ordered the Edelbrock victor jr from American muscle. Along with that I ordered the accufab 75MM throttle body with plenum and SR performance intake spacer. One question I have is that with this intake manifold I can use the 90mm accufab throttle body. IS that overkill? or should I stick with the 75MM that I ordered? The intake manifold was an unexpected thing that I am upgrading so I didn't have a lot of time to research what to get/do. Any more ideas or tips on that?

Next I want to get a short shifter, but other than that I need help with what else to get. Any information or input is appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
That's most definetly overkill on a non FI car.

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I have a 2000 gt that just hit 28K. I have put a couple $1000 in mods since I have owned it and need help with what direction to go in. I will list the things that are already done and maybe you guys can help with where to go next.

Lowered
Airaed CAI with BAMA custom tuner
Loundmouth II catback exhaust

Last night On my way to work I cracked the intake manifold. Instead of putting another stock plastic one in I ordered the Edelbrock victor jr from American muscle. Along with that I ordered the accufab 75MM throttle body with plenum and SR performance intake spacer. One question I have is that with this intake manifold I can use the 90mm accufab throttle body. IS that overkill? or should I stick with the 75MM that I ordered? The intake manifold was an unexpected thing that I am upgrading so I didn't have a lot of time to research what to get/do. Any more ideas or tips on that?

Next I want to get a short shifter, but other than that I need help with what else to get. Any information or input is appreciated!

Thanks!
Definitely post up some pictures of your 00' GT, it sounds extremely clean! Only 28k, that's impressive.

You have a pretty good list of mods so far and that Intake Manifold & Throttle Body will definitely give you great results. However, you don't need a 90MM TB that's just to much air, You'll be fine with the 75MM TB that's even a lot of air for an NA Mustang!

After you get these Parts installed there's still a lot of great mods out there for your GT. I would go with a set of Gears next and an O/R X/H-Pipe! These will help you with torque, power and acceleration.

This is just a few suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions of if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
When the intake cracked on my 99, I bought a 2.1 Kenne Bell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts