Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm new to the whole forum thing but here goes. Im 17 i have a 89 gt convertible
so far i have a cold air intake steeda triax short thro and off road h with 40 series mufflers. i need some helpwith ways to add some easy power i was lookin at cobra intakes and the bbk ssi upper and lower intake any idea? please help

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i know you want more power but if you have stock gears you really should add a set of 373s , for the same price of an intake you should be able to get a set of gears and have them installed , this will net you much better results then an intake swap at this point

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Agreed, gears are one of the first mods you should do. Also I would recommend staying away from the SSI intake, I've heard from many people that its an awful intake.

·
Registered
401 Posts
gears 3:73's best bang for the buck, and don't get that intake or any intake yet... money could be used on other things right now... headers

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok but what about the whole gas milage thing how bad will that hurt it ?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
You shoudlnt see any difference in economy. If you do, it will be minimal. A set of underdrive pulleys would help some, or deleting some of the accessories all together. Also remember that weight reduction is the same thing as increasing power, just as a smaller ratio. A good set of headers will free up some ponies as well.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey guys i'm new to the whole forum thing but here goes. Im 17 i have a 89 gt convertible
so far i have a cold air intake steeda triax short thro and off road h with 40 series mufflers. i need some helpwith ways to add some easy power i was lookin at cobra intakes and the bbk ssi upper and lower intake any idea? please help

well i jsut made a similar thread to this and ive come to the conclusion that im going with subframe con., new upper and lower control arms for rear end and 50/50 shocks, then 3.73 gears, i wanted to do power adders to but what these guys recommended i now agree with, hope this helps

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright thanks i'll try to get some pics of mine on here if u see it tell me what u think

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i just got a new job or i applied at least so i'm not real sure yet but my b-day is comin up and my dad is a car dealer so i can get good deals on lots of stuff we have a muffler shop so i was thinkin headers and then get some gears ..... the only thing is it is my every day driver in the summer and 373s in town i dont knwo how i would like it

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
go with the 373s, trust me you will love them , end of story

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i had an 86 capri with gt 40 heads, e cam, cobra intake, 24 lb injectors with matching meter, t 5 and 373s , the car ran 12 80s all day long and i took it on an 800 mile round trip and averaged just shy of 24 miles per gallon

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alrighty is there any certain place you recomend gettin them ? like american muscle or jegs is where i usually get stuff.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Ford brand gears are the best IMO.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so just ford racing 373s ?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts