Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I Just got a 5.0 6mt With brembo's and 373 gears, and i wife just ordered me JLT intake, Blow by racing o/r X pipe, Boss 302 Manifold, And SCT tuner with Blow by racing Tune. My question is How is the BBR Tunes? i was going to go with a Jon Jund Tune with ghost cams. Is Jon lund tune really that good?? and worth the extra cash and hassle of canceling the order to get the lund tune?

And also does BBR offer a Ghost cam tune?

Also Is the BBR And Lethal Performance o/r X Pipe the same? the pics look like they are?

If anyone could give me some advise before tomorrow morning before it ships out would be great! thanks!

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Ehh everyone has their favorite brand, in this case tuner.

If you really want a good tune, find a local shop, install your mods, and get a dyno tune.

I prefer Bama, but I've had them for 5 years.

I'd look around for independent dyno's and see if there is a noticeable difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Everyone has their preference, just like stated above. It's stupid when people say "so and so is the best". We're all going to get you to the same spot. We've all got a ton of experience tuning modular Mustangs. I think you'll find that you can't really make a wrong decision between the companies. We all have different ways of going about things, like different shift patterns, throttle response/sensitivity, etc. You'll find that we all offer different tunes for Racing, Daily Driving, etc. But the end product (horsepower/torque), we've all figured out how to get the most out of these cars safely, and will end up within a percent of each other if tested in ideal conditions.

Just go with the company that makes you feel the best and offers the best customer service.

If you have absolutely any questions whatsoever, please feel free to give us a call and we can explain a little bit more about what we do. We're the largest volume SCT dealer in the world, but our full team of calibrators are available all week long at the Bama direct number in my signature.

Good luck!

Ghost cam tunes are still in development, and we'll be sure to update the thread that was linked a few posts above as soon as we have more info!

Chris

·
Registered
599 Posts
and with bama if you ever get a new part your not paying for new tunes...ive got bama and the race tune makes a big difference and their customer service is awsome

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
Im testing the tunes from BBR, on my second set actually, and I also have tunes from Steeda that I tested out. PM me and Ill give you a heads up.

AM, if you guys want, I can test out your tunes and post up some comments. Ill compare all three if you'd like :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts