Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I was wondering if you could possibly help me with a car problem I am having because I cant fugure it out. Ok I have a 2000 v6 5 speed mustang I bought the car from some Dbag that didnt tell me that he had people breaking in his lot stealing gas so about 6 months after i got it it started running real bad and after about a month of trouble shooting we found out they cut the filler neck gasket on the tank to steal the gas so now my tank was full of dirt and water and leaves and ****. Completley cleaned the tank checked the pump and put a new filter on it. It ran like new for about a year now its starting to not wana start and it deffintley feels like a fuel delivery problem so I pay $230 for a new pump and filter. And now 3 days later it is doing it agian. The weird thing about it is sometimes it starts right up other times I will spray a little either in the intake and it will turn right over and after it is started it runs like new no hesitation or stalling or anything also it had a code for bank 2 sensor and after I replaced the pump it went off so I thought I fixed the problem. Every mechanic has said pump, sending unit, or pressure regulator but The $200 assembly I bought had all that attached to it. I also replaced about a year ago the wires, platnum plugs and coil pack and I have a K&N set up on it and cleaned the filter. Now the either doesnt help and It acts up the worst right after I put gas in it so I herd there was a valve on the tank that could be bad or clogged lines or the ecu is bad and im broke and cant keep buying stuff that isnt working so any tips or anything would be appreciated.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The filler neck you replaced wasn't an exact fit and when you pump your gas you are filling the tank up to high and the pump is stuggling to replace the fuel it pumps out with air, which is causing the gas in the tank to foam up. Solution don't top off your tank. Stop the pump before the tank is full and carefully manually add to it until gauge says full, stop there.

I had this same issue on my F150 I never did find a fix to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts