Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to run all my nitrous equipment off its own fuse box since i've been having probelms with fuses blowing. But.. I have no idea how to do it. I plan on switching out my home made switch panel for somethings a little cleaner.. like this!
Speed of Sound 2005+ Ford Mustang Cup Holder Switch Panels

Anyways.. Can you guys help me / teach me how to wire up a fuse box in the trunk for my nitrous? hoping to try out the 125 shot next week.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
I don't know that there is much to teach here. It's a simple is buying a fuse block and providing it with adequate power. I prefer to use the blade style fuse blocks that incorporate ground terminals. I have pictures of the auxilary electronics enclosure in my XR7 on my home computer that I can post up later if you'd like. I'm using a Bussmann 12-way ATO/ATC style fuse panel with ground terminals in that car to supply power to things like the line locks, methanol injection system, oil accumulator, auxilary fans, etc.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
run a cable from the positive terminal to the fuse block, ground the fuse block and then wire up each piece to that fuse block. It really is as easy as it sounds

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i see. Thanks.. 86er.. still miss that old truck of yours? i was doing brake lines today. ughh... atleast all i got left is the rear axle and then the front passenger side.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
run a cable from the positive terminal to the fuse block, ground the fuse block and then wire up each piece to that fuse block. It really is as easy as it sounds
Exactly. There really isn't much to it. I'd recommend soldering and heatshrinking all connections vs. using crimp connectors, but I'm picky when it comes to wiring.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Ok i see. Thanks.. 86er.. still miss that old truck of yours? i was doing brake lines today. ughh... atleast all i got left is the rear axle and then the front passenger side.
Dude If I could get that 86 F150 back, Id slap someones mom to do it. Truck was dead nuts reliable, worked its ass off, hauled more than it should have and just was simple.

The 05 I have now is a nicer, stronger, better truck, but Id almost trade it straigt up for that 86

1 - 9 of 9 Posts