Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have an 03 mustang gt and i tried to do the led interior conversion of the the gauge cluster and the A/C controls and i got to them ok and installed the lights ok but after reinstall i turned them on and there is a green tint on the pieces how do i get to them to take it off and how do i take it off?
Please help :sorry

·
2013 5.0 Deep Impact Blue
643 Posts
So i have an 03 mustang gt and i tried to do the led interior conversion of the the gauge cluster and the A/C controls and i got to them ok and installed the lights ok but after reinstall i turned them on and there is a green tint on the pieces how do i get to them to take it off and how do i take it off?
Please help :sorry
what color led's u buy?

·
Registered
38 Posts
common thing. theres a green or blue tint and i think you just got unlucky if its green. only way to get it off is by sanding it off. im actually about to do it as well. little bit of a pain just to warn you because ive done my research

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i thought ur suppose to use clear leds if it has the green tint. ?
not if you want blue lights....or red, so on and so forth

OP you just have to get to sanding....remove the tint and call it a day. or find a gauge cluster out of a 99-00 model which i believe didn't have the tint in them (at least not in the v6's)

·
KCCO
5,979 Posts
Use white LEDs if its blue tint. If its green tint, You can either sand it off and use blue leds or put a blue film on and use white leds. I recommend the latter because with the blue LEDs, the red colors (fuel E, needles, etc) will be much darker. Blue + red = purple. Anyone that wants to do this though, I'm selling leds and white face gauges. Check out the link in my sig. The gauges and white leds however MAY be gone real soon. There's somebody that was talking to me about them but I have not gotten any money yet though so theyre still up for sale

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
You mean there's a green tint on the A/C panel and Cluster?

I'd love to do the LED conversion, but I would be afraid I'd mess something up. I have white face gauges.

How hard was it?
It's not hard at all man...a few screws and pop in the bulbs

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya the 00-02 already have the blue tint so it's easy but 03-04 have the green tint and so when I changed the LEDs I looked into the actual cluster and you can't just get to the tint to sand it off theres wires and stuff attaching it to the other pieces...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts