Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 95 mustang gts 5.0, 5 speed, 30over block ,b303 cam, stock heads, 24 pound injectors , 70mm throttle body, 70mm mass air , cold air intake, svo intake , with 1inch spacer, gear drive , hooker headers, flowmaster 40series 1 chamber 3.55 gears

need help car dont have the power is shoud !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Have you had it tuned? What has been done to the ecm to go with those mods. Also the 24lb injectors are overkill on the stock heads.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
i got a 95 mustang gts 5.0, 5 speed, 30over block ,b303 cam, stock heads, 24 pound injectors , 70mm throttle body, 70mm mass air , cold air intake, svo intake , with 1inch spacer, gear drive , hooker headers, flowmaster 40series 1 chamber 3.55 gears

need help car dont have the power is shoud !!!!!!!!!
If you put some quality cylinder heads on there, you would notice a BIG difference. I say you save for heads.

That "custom" burnt chip isn't doing anything for you. Was it on a dyno? From the sound of it, it wasn't.

That cam isn't too great either.. Ask me how I know; I have one :(

To be honest you'd see more performance with a stock cam opposed to that b cam, especially since you have stock heads.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
everyone says it is running out of fuel at about 4,500 rpm there is no more go i have a stock fu el pump could that maybe be it

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Have you had it tuned? What has been done to the ecm to go with those mods. Also the 24lb injectors are overkill on the stock heads.
While the 24 pounders are overkill for his combo, they'll be fine until he does cylinder heads. I had 24 pounders on my car for a good 6-8 months before I did my h/c/i swap ;)

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i am looking at some 56cc chamber alunium heads i got some 1.7 roller rockers you think that willl do it because i get my ass kicked by about everthing right now

·
Registered
756 Posts
You should get a set of quality heads, keep in mind you get what you pay for.

Once you have your heads picked call a cam shop and ask them what they recommend for your setup.

Your car is not running out of fuel at 4500 odds are it just is out of power with the stock heads choking it out. A nice 255lph pump should be part of your build however.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got a 255 lph fuel pump havent put it in yet because i think it would be too much fuel right now the heads are 202 valves that i want to get

·
Registered
756 Posts
No need to worry about the pump go ahead and install it. You have a return style fuel system with a regulator. What is not used goes back to the tank.

What is the brand for them heads?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Ohh my. Btw did u know procomp is this best in the business when it comes to boat anchors

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
756 Posts
You get what you pay for.

Go with AFR, Trickflow, Edelbrock, etc.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
From my limited experience in the car building world, I've heard time and time again that heads are NOT the place to skimp.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts