Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an auto 98 v6, and when i accelerate i get this screeching noice from the engine and idk what it is and it only does it when i accelerate.....
Also i want to paint this center plastic piece. how do i take it off and is it hard to take off?

and do i need to take off my door panels to paint the plastic piece that surrounds the door handle and is it easy to take off? Thanks.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
for the plastic pieces just pull them off, if u need get a flat head screw driver behind it for a little more leverage.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
center piece is two screws and pull, door pieces just pop them out, as for the squealing probably a belt

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i was thinking of the belt but i wasnt too sure, thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well i got my pieces painted they were pretty easy to take out except the center piece. me and my buddy think that my stereo has safety clips.. how can i take them out?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
pop up the piece around the shifter, take out the two screw right under the ledge below the headunit, pull out some and reach behind to push in te clips and pull that side out.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reach under the stereo and push the clips? i tried and i couldnt get it to pop out. or do you mean to do it from the sides?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
sides once the screws are out its will have move give, pop out the side clips on the trim and then pop out the trim around the HU

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright so i dont need to take my car to an audio place to take out those safety clips right?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
no I doubt you have safety clips just pop off the faceplate trim

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok cool. thanks! ill have pics up tomorrow of the finished project

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
nice sounds good

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya i know about the vents. i looked on a how to paint interior pieces on mustangworld.com and they said theres a torque screw behind the stereo.. or something like that, but i think i got it now thanks guys

1 - 17 of 17 Posts