Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2008 v6 mustang, and i'm wanting to do some performance to it. so far i have put in a flow master muffler, and a K&N intake system. my dad bought me the car, so he won't allow me to do any installations that require getting into the motor. what would be the next thing i could do to my car that would add some horsepower??

·
Registered
461 Posts
hand held tuner from American Muscle and if you want to be able to accelerate faster your best bet will be a set of rear end gears. 4.10s for autos and 3.73 sticks. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have a 2008 v6 mustang, and i'm wanting to do some performance to it. so far i have put in a flow master muffler, and a K&N intake system. my dad bought me the car, so he won't allow me to do any installations that require getting into the motor. what would be the next thing i could do to my car that would add some horsepower??
Like above start with a custom tuner. From american muscle/Bama. Gears and rear differential. (won't add HP/TQ. But will get you up and going a lot faster) Go true Dual Exhaust. Underdrive pulley, Coil pack, Spark plugs and wires. A bigger throttle body.Headers. Would do long tube over short. Hi flo cats. Not much more bolt-ons you can do for power. Without getting into engine. Like Heads/Cams. Superchargers/Turbo's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like above start with a custom tuner. From american muscle/Bama. Gears and rear differential. (won't add HP/TQ. But will get you up and going a lot faster) Go true Dual Exhaust. Underdrive pulley, Coil pack, Spark plugs and wires. A bigger throttle body.Headers. Would do long tube over short. Hi flo cats. Not much more bolt-ons you can do for power. Without getting into engine. Like Heads/Cams. Superchargers/Turbo's.
if i looked into doing duel exhaust that would require getting a new bumper right?and what's an underdrive pulley, and coil pack?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hand held tuner from American Muscle and if you want to be able to accelerate faster your best bet will be a set of rear end gears. 4.10s for autos and 3.73 sticks. Hope this helped.
i looked online for the tuners, but which one would be the best kind to get? i'm not familiar with hand held tuner, i was planning on taking my car to someone to get it tuned.

·
Registered
584 Posts
if i looked into doing duel exhaust that would require getting a new bumper right?
It's not necessary as you can cut the V6 bumper. I cut mine and left it like that for a while, it looked factory, but a GT/CS rear looked better so I went that route. Pypes has a template to cut the V6 bumper

i looked online for the tuners, but which one would be the best kind to get? i'm not familiar with hand held tuner, i was planning on taking my car to someone to get it tuned.
As far as handhelds, go with SCT. American Muscle has an awesome CAI/tuner package

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
and for the coil the only one available is the screamin demon coil. and DO NOT waste the money on a throttle body. also i had the k&n kit and i will say that since youre getting a tuner get rid of the K&N and get the JLT that requires a tune. i put my factory intake back on with just a K&N drop in filter and noticed almost no difference. standalone intake kits that dont require a tune dont do **** on our cars

·
Registered
584 Posts
DO NOT waste the money on a throttle body.
Don't waste the $$ on an aftermarket TB, but a ported and polished TB should free up a few hp and more on a F/I car. There's a guy on ebay who manufactures them and has a very good reputation. But I would still go with CAI/Tuner & gears first

·
Registered
597 Posts
Check out the dual exhaust kit from NewTakeOff.com very decent price and includes all you need for the install. $299 + minimal shipping via UPS

And AmericanMuscle.com for JLT CAI & SCT Custom Tuner with free tunes for life. $554 free shipping.

Total gain in HP aprox 25 rwhp with these mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts