Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of 17x8 eagle alloys with 275 NT-01s on them for $200 and the chrome plating is peeling and flaking so im going to break them down at work tonight and take the wheels down to raw metal and repaint them. Just wondering what color you guys think i should paint them. Everyone in our autocross region does fruity colors or fun stuff with their race wheels. Should i go with the trend or do something different?

I was thinking about doing flat black with one spoke copper. Throw me some idea and if i pick yours ill put your username on one of the spokes.

this is what they look like, just old and tired.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way - but you don't need to bump this every 45 minutes, the Visual section doesn't see as much activity as the tech forums.

For the wheels if you're looking for something a little different I'd paint them flat black and then do about a 3/4" body colored stripe down each spoke from the edge to the center cap. Or do sash stripes on each spoke.

I just whipped this up in paint to give you an idea

With your body color it'd be hard to do much else that wouldn't look completely retarded.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, guess i didnt realize how soon i had bumped it, my bad. I like the ones with the rookie looking stripes on them. Throw summore at me if you can think of any.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
No worries, I get a little quick to bump my own threads too.

What is a rookie looking stripe?

For a little more flare you could go with the striped sock look

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
i want those fender stripes so bad!! ^^^^^

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
oh, and i would go with a gold-esk colour. ;)

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bad news, i put my 275's on my eagles and there is way more tire overhang than i am comfortable with, pics tomorrow, now im not sure what im gonna do.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Are you dragging this thing or autocross? For autocross I'd be looking for a 225-235 for an 8" rim.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
autocross, and a 245 would actually be the best fit for them. I think im going to order some cragar soft 8s in a 17x9. Theyre only 70 bucks a piece from summit, but im still going to paint them somthing fun. and hmmmm yellow..........

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
autocross, and a 245 would actually be the best fit for them. I think im going to order some cragar soft 8s in a 17x9. Theyre only 70 bucks a piece from summit, but im still going to paint them somthing fun. and hmmmm yellow..........
A lot of hardcore cornering guys would tell you that a 245 has too much slop for autocrossing. For handling, you're going to want to go on the narrow side of whatever is recommended for your wheel width. A 245/45 is recommended for a 7.5-9" wheel. A 225/45 is recommended for a 7-8.5 inch wheel. If you stick with the 8" wheels, I'd still go with something narrower than a 245. If you're looking at the 9" wheel I'd go with something around a 255 series.

If you go with the soft 8's you could always put a pinstripe around each of the little holes or something like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts