Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has MSD ignition, prop street superchip, catback exhaust with flowmasters, CAI, 4.11 gears aluminum driveshaft and racing suspension (He's unsure of the brand lol?) What do I need to do to my car to be able to smoke him, i've got bbk short headers, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters, 4.10's, and an AOD. He's a six speed so that thing pulls pretty hard.

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Let the air out of his tires... But seriously, that's gonna be a tough one. Just numbers wise stock he's already got you by about 75 hp, his bolt ons aren't helping you out much either... What's your budget and time frame?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 1800 saved but I'm gonna wait until I hit 3 grand so about 1 month to getthe extra money and about another month to get it all set u

·
Registered
594 Posts
Good rear suspension / tires and a shift kit are a must if you want to give him some good competition. You should also consider some free flowing heads/intake. Or spray + intake or spray + heads.

Since you have a fox body, you should have about ~400 pounds less than him and this will definitely come into play. The 6-speed shouldn't be to big of an issue. He's going to be shifting a lot more while you keep in the power band longer. And with the 4.11 gears he has, more than likely he's going to hit the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd while you creep away. :cool:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
A good rear suspension will be a huge help, trans shift kit will help alot too, then on to the engine easy route would be to spray it or you can go the HCI route.

Don't forget to gut the car of whatever it doesn't need that will help you out a lot too.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
turbo or supercharger kit and fuel upgrades. If you've got money left over, get a stall converter. He won't stand a chance.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
$500 dry kit, for a 75-100 shot, and the $50-100 for dyno time to check a/f ratios, and you will smoke him no problem.

·
Atomized
1,397 Posts
yeah you'll need spray. He's gunna work your ass with an aod. Plus 4.11 are a big upgrade on those cars cause they have stupid long gears stock. Have him drive through deep water and you got his ass ha ha

·
Registered
659 Posts
H/C/I hopefully u can score a good used kit and get her tuned. Maybe u can race from a stop and pray he blows his rearend since those 10bolts are useless haha. Then u will really beat him

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
even with h/c/i he isn't going to get off the line hard. he would have to hope his friend blew off the tires, and if he doesn't he would have to play catch up.

My 60 foot dropped by half a second when I started using nitrous when my car still had a AOD transmission. even on a sissy baby 50 shot.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
he would have to use the stock cam to make power low enough for the stock converter, I forgot to ad that in there. thats why they would still kinda be at the same level, even with a head/intake swap.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
LT's are slow but I agree with above... invest the money into the dry kit and be done with it. I'd take the extra time and do the install nice and hide the **** out of it.

Don't gut the car it's not a ****ing race car it's a street car

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't like the idea of having to refill a bottle all the time, I would like to have the power on tap all the time.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
+1 to ryan.

i have all my nitrous stuff hidden. If you want some tips, just shoot me a PM or somethin

1 - 20 of 61 Posts