Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Finally someone else that wants Borla XR1's!! I really think those might sound the best, the only setup Ive heard is on a 01 Cobra with Kooks LT's and Kook's o/r X. I think its the best sounding setup ever to be honest:

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's almost identical to what mine sounds like, but mines all custom so you probably won't want it. I have never heard one of those exhaust clips sound like mine until now, but for still having stock manifolds and no motor work, I guess I did pretty damn good. :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Why on earth would you put a y pipe on a mustang? That setup is more restrictive and will sound worse than an x or y. Probably makes it sound like a truck.

OP, that sound is amazing in that video. However, if you would decide to change your mind, I wouldnt jump right on it. Listen around more. The 2v makes a much different sound than a 4v, so take that into consideration. The 2v's sound more raspy and not as smooth when revving. Your car sounds good as it is. I had flows and always wanted to change them out. I could never do it though. Now I have FRPP M58 catback and I like it but its not the same as flows.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you like the tone, just want it louder, go with some single chamber flowmasters. They make them in the correct fitment for your car. It will give you the loudness of the LM1's and the flowmaster tone.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
How about some bassanis? The single chamber flows will drone REALYY bad. I have the stingers and love them. They sound great. Are loud, dont drone too bad, and have a great tone.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
And thanks for your input!
Hey im just trying to help.. Those mufflers have no tone whatsoever and are just stupid loud. If thats what you want.. If not the next step down is like magnapacks, stingers, xr1's, most bullet style mufflers. They will have more tone and sound alot better.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Single chamber flows are production mufflers. They are the super 10 series mufflers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Keep the pc. They sound awesome!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
i beg to differ, makes the exhaust sound constipated. only time i like the PC is when paired with LM1's.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts