Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all may remember that I'm batteling this intermittend check engine light issue. It started after the SC install, it would trow a light at ~85mph, I get off the gas, coast and it goes away, no codes stored. Back then I had Tillman and Techco look into the issue, the tune was good according to them. They thought it was a TB issue because they had problems seting up the TB due to the return spring. Techco a while ago sent me used TB from their stock inventory. It ran good with no issues for a while and now the stupid check engine light is back, when we tried to pull a code there are none. Only difference no it does it at any speed at any given time. I took the car to Tillman, they had it for two weeks, the ****ing thing would not throw a CEL. I take it back home (45min drive) no CEL, my kid takes it out and withing 10 miles it throws four CEL's, again no codes. I am somewhat stumped with the ****ing thing.
Question, is it possible it could be a simple intermittend TPS issue?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
no kids can drive the car. Your car doesn't like your chitlins in the driver seat.

Aside from that, I haven't a clue and your hosed with an intermeittant issue..

You try plugging in the sct to read when code pops while still driving?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no kids can drive the car. Your car doesn't like your chitlins in the driver seat.

Aside from that, I haven't a clue and your hosed with an intermeittant issue..

You try plugging in the sct to read when code pops while still driving?
My kid is 22 and I tell him he can't drive worth a **** everytime I beat him in a drag race from a light.....:)
Can't pull codes unless you shut it off, plug it in and then turn the key back on. I even tried to catch it with my Aeroforce gauge (they have a built in code reader) same thing.......****...............:mad:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Are you using an SCT?

If so, you can plug it in while the car is on. You simply already have the car on is all. Doesn't hurt anything, no different than data logging.
Hmmm, did not know that, I was told I had to shut it off before plugging the tuner in.
I got both; Diablo (which I hate) and SCT.............
Kind hard to read codes at highway speed when your alone in the car but now I got something to work with. I think I'll change the TPS anyway just for shits and giggles and see what happens................

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I was finally able to pull these MF'en codes. Trick was to pull over and shut the engine off as soon as the CEL tripped. After restarting the engine the CEL light stayed on.
Here is what I got:
P0300 = Random Misfire
P0303 = Cyl 3 Misfire
P0305 = Cyl 5 Misfire
P0316 = Misfire detected on startup first 1000 rpm.
Looks like spark blow out from the SC to me, what do you think.

BTW finished installing the D-Specsa this weekend, god what a diffrence.....:D

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of plugs and gap? How does the AFR look when a code pops? If you don't have a WO2 (you should with a blower) you can look at the o2 volts.
The A/F (PLX) goes to lean, it actually reads "lean" and then "air". I don't know what the gap is, Tillman did all the work and it will go back there under warranty to fix this.................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts