Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 gt that just hit 28K. I have put a couple $1000 in mods since I have owned it and need help with what direction to go in. I will list the things that are already done and maybe you guys can help with where to go next.

Lowered
Airaed CAI with BAMA custom tuner
Loundmouth II catback exhaust

Last night On my way to work I cracked the intake manifold. Instead of putting another stock plastic one in I ordered the Edelbrock victor jr from American muscle. Along with that I ordered the accufab 75MM throttle body with plenum and SR performance intake spacer. The intake manifold was an unexpected thing that I am upgrading so I didn't have a lot of time to research what to get/do. Any more ideas or tips on that?

Next I want to get a short shifter, but other than that I need help with what else to get. Any information or input is appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
That intake is more for high RPM N/A or FI applications. I'd ditch that plenum and spacer and get a 6061 elbow if it was me doing the swap. As far as what you'll need to do on the fuel delivery side of it, that's really up to you. You'll have to buy that hoses and fittings, and rails to plumb it the way you like. You may consider converting to a return style setup. There are several different ways to plumb the fuel lines.

As far as where to take the car next, gears, suspension, and FI gets my vote.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Don't know your budget and if you plan on seeing the track with it. Longtubes, if budget allows, with x-pipe, gears, retune.

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is what I did with my 347:

The feed line ran to the back T and the return from the regulator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not know anything about the intake manifold or components. So I use either a elbow OR a plenum with the throttle body?

I am pretty sure that with this intake manifold I have to use an elbow. I have the Edelbrock Ultra Low Profile Throttle Body Intake Elbow ordered. So with the elbow I only use a throttle body, no plenum???

·
Registered
255 Posts
+1 on getting longtubes

With the plenum you'll have to run that intake spacer, which is used to mount the plenum to the standard carb bore opening on the intake. If you went to an elbow with a standard carb bore, you can get rid of that spacer and mount the correct way.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I do not know anything about the intake manifold or components. So I use either a elbow OR a plenum with the throttle body?

I am pretty sure that with this intake manifold I have to use an elbow. I have the Edelbrock Ultra Low Profile Throttle Body Intake Elbow ordered. So with the elbow I only use a throttle body, no plenum???
Get a 6061 plenum and use your 75mm TB with it

You will also need Edelbrock or MMR fuel rails,

Aeromotive FRP adapter, and

some lines and connectors to link the fuel rails

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Return the Eddy and order a Ford PI intake manifold. You're not going to gain anything, you'll in fact lose power. Wrong intake for a stock RPM stock motor with no forced induction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bulloch, I understand that my car isn't ready for the manifold upgrade. I just didn't want to shell out a couple hundred for another plastic manifold that will pry just crack again down the road.

·
Registered
255 Posts
^That's what I'd consider as well. Or if you're going FI in the future, keep it and install it later while you build up the parts you need to plumb it, ect. Fittings, hose, FPR, and rails put a pretty good size dent in the pocket book. I spent around $500 on plumbing the setup in my pic.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
^That's what I'd consider as well. Or if you're going FI in the future, keep it and install it later while you build up the parts you need to plumb it, ect. Fittings, hose, FPR, and rails put a pretty good size dent in the pocket book. I spent around $500 on plumbing the setup in my pic.
I'm 100% for upgrades/improvements. Wrong place for an upgrade at this point in your built. The replacement intake will fail, It's composite... it will fail...... in another 100K miles. You need about $500 worth of additional components to make that intake work with your factory components..... then you're going to have tuning issues to address. So lets add a tune to the cost. Send it back. You're going to drop $1000 start to finish including a tune and lose power/driveability. Send it back. I'm trying to help you not waste your money, i'm not talking down to you. Poor decision. PI is the intake you need. Not a Dorman intake, a Ford PI intake. Drop the $200 and buy the PI. When, and if, you get to that point that you have an engine that can benefit from the Eddy, sell the PI for $100 or more and recoup some of your money. Eddy is a bad decision for you at this point.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
btw, bulloch, I was agreeing with you, OP posted before me :D
Yeah, my bad, I clicked the wrong "Quote" box. I read yours... I think we're all on the same page. Again, my apologies for clicking the wrong one.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I have a 2000 gt that just hit 28K. I have put a couple $1000 in mods since I have owned it and need help with what direction to go in. I will list the things that are already done and maybe you guys can help with where to go next.

Lowered
Airaed CAI with BAMA custom tuner
Loundmouth II catback exhaust

Last night On my way to work I cracked the intake manifold. Instead of putting another stock plastic one in I ordered the Edelbrock victor jr from American muscle. Along with that I ordered the accufab 75MM throttle body with plenum and SR performance intake spacer. The intake manifold was an unexpected thing that I am upgrading so I didn't have a lot of time to research what to get/do. Any more ideas or tips on that?

Next I want to get a short shifter, but other than that I need help with what else to get. Any information or input is appreciated!

Thanks!
You have a pretty good list of mods so far and that Intake Manifold & Throttle Body will definitely give you great results. However, you don't need a 90MM TB that's just to much air, You'll be fine with the 75MM TB that's even a lot of air for an NA Mustang!

After you get these Parts installed there's still a lot of great mods out there for your GT. I would go with a set of Gears next and an O/R X/H-Pipe! These will help you with torque, power and acceleration.

This is just a few suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions of if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all of the information guys! It looks like I may have gotten in over my head. So they do not make a intake monifold that is not plastic that can be used with stock components??? I am going to take the advice and go with the stock intake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
33 Posts
How about the Ported OEM intake from modularheadshop?

Its the OEM PI intake mani but its ported, only $60 more than the one you are looking at from AM. I know it says that it wont work as well on non ported PI heads, but if you're thinking of going down that road, might be a good one to look at??

Just a thought...

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I have a 2000 GT and my intake manifold just broke and had to be replaced. I bought the PI intake manifold in your link. It was improved over ours with an aluminum crossover. Ford did well with the design of that intake manifold. Unless you are going with cams, springs and spinning the motor into higher rpms, its hard to beat. The 75mm TB/Plenum improves the looks and gives you 2-3 rwhp. The plenum is the restriction. If you can afford to change only one, change the plemun not the TB.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You won't really be putting it back to the way it was with the intake in the link. Just like Eagle said, the mani in your link is a revision with an aluminum crossover. If you want to upgrade something, T/B and plenum, or just plenum at the very least.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts