Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I grenaded the underdrive crank pulley and I have no idea where it shot off to. The harmonic balancer and toner ring are fine but the actual pulley part broke off. So anyone know where I could order another crank pulley without another harmonic balancer?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...I need a way to get the harmonic balancer off. I cant use the duck foot because theres no way to hold it on with the screws. the jaw pullers are either too big or too small. anyone have any ideas???

·
Registered
393 Posts
I can't think of a good way w/ the motor in the car... is pulling the front bumper & radiator a possibility for the sake of a slide hammer & puller?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I could yank off the radiator and front bumper...once I do that what would I do?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I assume you were trying a jaw puller w/ a screw in the middle. Instead, try a jaw puller w/ a slide hammer on the end to pull it off the crankshaft. removing the bumper and radiator should give the room to allow for the slide hammer. Ack, unless the ac would be in the way.. crap! I didn't think far enough ahead.... If there's room for a slide hammer, Autozone should rent them to you if you've never borrowed tools from there's it can be a life saver! Money down, return tool, money back - simple!

If the jaws on the puller you're looking for are too small and big then my idea doesn't work since no puller will grab the balancer but I'm decently sure Autozone should have what you need...

Reactions: 2002 BLK GT

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried autozone they had the 3 jaw pullers. One was too short so only 2 of the 3 jaws would grab. The other had too long of jaws so the screw was too short. I'm thinking of c-clamping the duck foot to the balancer and using a swivel/extension for the impact. Or just hooking 2 of the 3 jaws on to it and impacting that with the swivel and extension. I also remembered to get the underdrive pulley on far enough for the bolt to thread I had to hit it with a rubber mallet...maybe a mallet abd crowbar could get it off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts