Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got the o/r prochamber going to the pypebombs (basically SLP)

i love the loudness of it, love the aggressiveness, but lost a lot of the tone

anyone got suggestions on a pair of muffler that would pair up nicely with the o/r prochamber that will keep the volume but give me some tone

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump. reps for anyone who helps!!!!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i had flowmasters with the prochamber but it was a bit raspy. just put on the mac axlebacks and love it. but i also have mac longtubes

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The macs are pricey, but hell, i'll throw the money at it if it will give my the loudness i want with the tone

i've been looking at violators but still undecided on them!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
the flowmasters and prochamber were LOUD. but, with all the raspyness, i had to take them off. most people loved it, it just didnt work for me.
now, i have my flowmasters up for sale if you want to try them. if you do pm me because i will drop the price since you arent sure if its what you want. if you want to try them and they dont work, sell em. ummm, i did powder coat the tips black so you might not like that anyways. and they are the american thunder aggressives, the square ones if want to look them up

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm open to anything! i just want to try and some things and see what sounds best! i'm going mostly used setups if i can get them! because i won't lose any money or at least not too much money

·
Registered
222 Posts
Look into adding a mid muffler like the M80s. A few who had the bombs and wanted more tone went this way, and it tones it out and it is supposed to make it sound great.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
I have magnaflows with my o/r prochamber and I love it. Not too obnoxiously loud but not too quiet either, and a nice tone. No sure what mufflers specifically, they're stock from Saleen.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I have the Mac's LTH's, Mac's prochamber, No cat's, and Stock axle backs, and I really like the sound of mine. Keep in mind Im 32 and am well out of the loud pipes age. It has a nice rumble, no drone, and loud when your on it. At times I do wish it was a little louder, like when Im at a stop light and theres a guy on a bike next to me... LOL..

This is what I like, and I plan on doing some video up tomorrow, so look for it tomorrow night.

I think alot of it is just your personal perfance, I saw a video from Gary Dahl (hope I spelt that right) and I fell in love instantly with the sound of the prochamber..

Good luck!

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Get some Stingers. FRPP, I have em. Great tone, I just need my LTs and O/R X or H idk yet and itll be mean.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
I'd vote for Mac axelbacks or Borla Stingers.(I prefer Borla over FRPP, just the *slightest* bit deeper, plus 4" tips instead of 3.5" :D)

I also want to see someone throw on some Saleen heritage axelbacks...they're a bit pricey, though. Love the look of those, want to know what they sound like.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts