Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had flowmasters on my car forever(9years). I put 4:10's in about 6 months ago and I can't take the drone anymore. Must of my commute is spent @ ~2k rpms. I am looking for opinions. Right now my top choice is magnaflows. I still want the classic throaty mustang sound just without the drone.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and sorry to post this question again, I am sure this has been asked a thousand times before. I couldn't find an answer using the search function

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had magnaflows on an old truck and they were loud when u wanted em to be but when cruisin about 1800rpms they just had a low deep hum. Ive always loved flows on a mustang but if its drivin u crazy then yea go with the magnaflows

·
Registered
77 Posts
I feel u. Well magnapaks sound too much like glasspacks or cherry bombs when u have cats..so it might sound alittle too much like a truck if u get those. I'd stick w the regular magnaflows. But its just my opinion

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
If you love the sound of flows but want less drone then go with the flowmaster 10series. I finally got tired of the drone of my 40series after 5years so I got the 10series less drone and quite a bit louder than the 40series.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
magnapacks or borla stingers

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
spintech FTW!! :cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I listened to youtube vids for over an hour today at work. I going to order some magnaflows, summit has them for 50$

·
Registered
61 Posts
Make sure you're not getting the Magnaflow XL, those are totally different than the regular Magnaflows that most people have. They are MUCH louder.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Magnaflows or Magnapacks? I love the Flowmaster sound I just CAN'T take the drone anymore
Erudition,
Don’t forget to consider Hushpower mufflers too. They have a deeper sound and use a different internal construction than the chambered Flowmaster mufflers. The internal stainless cones actually create velocity inside the muffler to pull exhaust pulses through the exhaust system.

We try to encourage all our customers to call our tech line if they are having a problem with any of our products, perhaps we can recommend a solution.

·
Registered
164 Posts
check out mac muffers,better sound than flows
+1

even with dumps they're not bad at all. Highly recommend these if you're looking for a chambered muffler

1 - 17 of 17 Posts