Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2005 GT and my brakes are starting to look like **** behind my 20 inch foose wheels. So i was wondering if anyone had done a brake installation themselves and which brakes were best and easiest to install?? I was looking at the SSBC's but i cant seem to find a installation guide anywhere. thanks!

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
if you can take a couple bolts out and read and follow directions you'll be able to do this. the favorite swap is for stock GT500 front brakes. they are brembo calipers and much cheaper option than aftermarket big brake kits. the going price is generally 600-800, but i've seen a couple people asking over 1000 for the take off (used) GT500 brakes

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, im very capable of that i was just wondering if any particular brand presents problems.. I was looking into the GT500 upgrade but then i wasnt sure what i would want to do with the rears.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
My suggestion:

Stainless lines all four corners (brothers racing).

Motul RBF600 fluid

Either GT500 takeoffs ($600-$800) or Stop-Tech ST-40 calipers and rotors (Saleens are $950 if you can find them at that price, or Roush for $2500 (two piece rotors). Zeckhausen sells Stop-Techs as well.

Paint the rear calipers (O'Reillys / Autozone auto parts sells Duplicolor caliper paint)

Replace the rear rotors with Powerslot rotors (Zeckhausen Racing)

Stop-Tech Street pads all four corners (Zeckhausen Racing).

Winning.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
yes, im very capable of that i was just wondering if any particular brand presents problems.. I was looking into the GT500 upgrade but then i wasnt sure what i would want to do with the rears.
SS lines, caliper paint, new pads, and slotted rotors are all the rears need.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
How does one flush out all the old fluid, particularly the parts in the clutch line?
The clutch and brakes share the same reservoir. I empty it first ( Mity-Vac and aquarium air hose) then fill it with fresh stuff...then bleed right rear, left rear, right front, left front. You'll need 5-6 bottles of RBF600. $$$ but good stuff.

My clutch line I replaced with a JPC stainless braided line and my car has a bleeder fitting on it on the side of the tranny...So I used that. (McLeod RST user)

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
DiMora knows what he is talking about.

During my huge build I will be doing over the summer, I will basically follow that format.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts