Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need a new control arm for my 2005 v6 Mustang, but I am wondering, should I just get the stock FORD one, or is there a better alternative? Meaning, is there one that is cheaper but more reliable, like a performance control arm?

Thanks!

SenileT

·
Registered
132 Posts
Am told Ford now has a better arm than the cheezy one they put on our S197s that pretty much fail regularly. Almost got the Ford Racing ones from American Muscle but when Ford dealer found out I was shopping for them online, they came down on stock Ford replacment parts so I just had them put on. So far so good but fact both mine failed after 35,200 miles kinda hacked me off and I told Ford I was not impressed. Anyway, short answer is new Ford parts are supposedly better than OEM ones were back in the day. Good Luck!... Ken :)

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
So I need a new control arm for my 2005 v6 Mustang, but I am wondering, should I just get the stock FORD one, or is there a better alternative? Meaning, is there one that is cheaper but more reliable, like a performance control arm?

Thanks!

SenileT
Senile Tomato,

We don't have a cheaper than factory front control arm replacement, but we do have a Ford Racing upgraded control arm if you're interested. This is the original styled control arm found on the 07-09 GT500! It flexes a lot less than the OEM setup, so you'll see improved handling under extreme conditions.

Just wanted to throw another option out there for you!

Shane

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Do you want front or rear LCA's? People typically do the rear lowers, but since you mentioned control arm in the singular, do you just want an upper control arm?

Also, are you lowered or stock height?

J&M makes arms, BMR, Steeda, Griggs, bunch of people make parts that are better than the Ford OEM stuff. FRPP is better than OEM though. But I don't know how FRPP stands against other aftermarket companies. But just for daily driving, you likely won't notice much difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts