Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a black car and so far i have cg xxx, jetseal 109 and poorboys black hole. i am going to buy a membership to dc and was wondering what other products i need to buy to fully detail the exterior minus polishing since i dont have a da orbiter and also the interior? also what kind of wash mitt do i get?

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Duragloss 902 or CG Soaps
Tire Cleaner/Dressing - Ultima Tire & Trim Guard
Glass Cleaner - Glassworkz

Either Fabric (I use CG's) or Leather Cleaner/Conditioner (CG's Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner)

A couple buckets and grit guards

Those are all things I would use and they are all sold on DC. I'm sure there is more but i'm about to passssss out.

Clayyyyy as well and a Quick detailer spray like Ultima Waterless Wash+ or CG Speed Wipe or CG v7.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Everything I stated they have on detailers club. Autoality and CG have very good microfibers and both can be had for a good price.

Applicator pads are super cheap on detailers club and what are you buffing by hand?

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
so i have a black car and so far i have cg xxx, jetseal 109 and poorboys black hole. i am going to buy a membership to dc and was wondering what other products i need to buy to fully detail the exterior minus polishing since i dont have a da orbiter and also the interior? also what kind of wash mitt do i get?
Duragloss 902 or CG Soaps
Tire Cleaner/Dressing - Ultima Tire & Trim Guard
Glass Cleaner - Glassworkz

Either Fabric (I use CG's) or Leather Cleaner/Conditioner (CG's Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner)

A couple buckets and grit guards

Those are all things I would use and they are all sold on DC. I'm sure there is more but i'm about to passssss out.

Clayyyyy as well and a Quick detailer spray like Ultima Waterless Wash+ or CG Speed Wipe or CG v7.
^This

I recommend CG's soaps they are awesome

where exactly is the ultima tire & trim guard?
Its a super awesome Tire and Trim dressing that is very durable and protects rubbers and plastics.

I also recommend a good MF mitt or a nice wool one, Grit guards and two buckets are a must.

Also, using a paint sealant will give you much better and much more durable protection for you paint and after its cured you can wax right over it to still get the Carnauba look. I recommend Four star Ultimate paint protection (16oz) Its on DC and its very very inexpensive. Stretch your protection from 8-12 weeks to 4-5 months :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so the microfiber mitt from meguiars on dc is a good choice? or should i go with carpro wool mitt since it seems like mostly every one uses that one

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
so the microfiber mitt from meguiars on dc is a good choice? or should i go with carpro wool mitt since it seems like mostly every one uses that one
Im personally am ordering the Carpro wool mitt as soon as its back in stock. The wool is super soft and has a really long nap which helps pull dirt AWAY from the paint. I mean its a super long nap, plushy as hell.

And wool mitts last YEARS if you properly maintain them, so really its not that much more money.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Thats the one sir.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
I am bored with my old fashion car. Now i am looking for something new. So please help me in finding the right car for daily purpose that have some unique feature with a dashing color and recent look. i am waiting for your reply. Also send me some pictures.
Wrong forum

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts

·
Resident Ford Rep
631 Posts
Definitely check out some CG soaps. I have the citri- wash n gloss and it is great stuff. Especially when you dry it with something like their v7 quick detailing spray and a nice microfiber drying towel as well. I have heard good reviews on their EZ creme too as a nice gloss enhancer. Check out modded's review (when he finally does it ) on the Blackfire sealant. I'd invest in something like the ultima waterless wash + as well.
Enjoy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts