Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get to broader perspective before making a purchase. I recently found out that my rear upper control arms are bad and I need new ones (see thread here). In looking around, it looks like I've got a number of options, so I wanted to solicit ideas from you guys, and hear the pros and cons of your recommendations. While I have a specific product in mind, I'd rather hear other ideas before jumping to the conclusion that I know it all and the product I've chosen is best.:icon_idea:

The car is a weekend driver setup for drag racing.
It sees about 2k miles per year (most of that is trips to the grocery store, an occasional car show or a local Mustang get together).
I go to the track maybe 4 times a year, more for fun than for anything else.

My priorities from highest to lowest are:
1) Built to withstand up to 550 RWT and not break
2) Would prefer to "Buy once, cry once" and do it right
3) Function over beauty
4) Want to hook up, not spin
5) Don't care about ride quality - I just want it to WORK!
6) Don't care about "noise" - I just want it to WORK!

Your thoughts or questions please?

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
I'll let you know in a few weeks if it's Team-Z FTW or FTL

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
UPR double adjustable uppers and UPR single adjustable lowers.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And you know what my vote was.

I do...and now I'm confused. I Googled "Baseline Suspensions" and it looks like someone is stealing someone's idea, but I'm not sure who came first, or who is better:

Baseline Suspension: Prolaunch #1
OR
Team Z Motorsports: Strip Series Upper Control Arms

Team Z says you won't find anything else on the market because they have the patent on it (watch the video), but I have to argue that the two products look identical. Anyone have experience with either of these?

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I do...and now I'm confused. I Googled "Baseline Suspensions" and it looks like someone is stealing someone's idea, but I'm not sure who came first, or who is better:

Baseline Suspension: Prolaunch #1
OR
Team Z Motorsports: Strip Series Upper Control Arms

Team Z says you won't find anything else on the market because they have the patent on it (watch the video), but I have to argue that the two products look identical. Anyone have experience with either of these?
You won't go wrong with any of the three brands mentioned.

My chassis guy recommended UPR.

Others recommend Team Z.

It's all in preference honestly. All work very well. ****, look at pushrod's car. Going 7s in the 1/8 bone stock on a small shot.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Pushrod has baseline. The relocated uppers of their kit apparently aren't as nice to adjust because it's all round with no place to grab it without marring it, I've read. Otherwise they seem pretty identical.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Pushrod has baseline. The relocated uppers of their kit apparently aren't as nice to adjust because it's all round with no place to grab it without marring it, I've read. Otherwise they seem pretty identical.
My baseline upper relocated kit has flat spots to adkust the length.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
I run UPR. Used to use HPM till they went tits up years back. Havent tried team z but they are the flavor of the month on corral.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Lol........

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
Damn, my stuff wasn't put together yet though. But honestly, I bet all of the aforementioned brands will work just fine. I talked Dave's son, from Team-Z and he said they run 8s all day long on my setup. nx has gone 8s on his UPR.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts