Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
i wouldnt recommend infinity speakers, ive never liked the way they sounded.
and you wont need an amp for any speakers deck power will suffice but a amp is a good idea

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
For the '10 I don't know how hard it would be. A generic idea would be to remove the door panels and then you have access to the speaker. However cars are getting more and more complicated and there is no telling what you might have to do.

You only need an amp if you want the speakers to be noticeably louder and better sounding than before. Your stock or aftermarket CD Player/Deck will power the speaker just fine. An amplifier will... well, amplify the sound you already hear.

So... do you NEED an amp? No. Will it make it sound better, Yes.
Hard to replace the speakers? Most likely no, but don't quote me.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
rip it all out,and replace everything with aftermarket,factory stereo's suck
Theres nothing wrong with the Mach system, and do factory setups that use names like Boss, Alpine, and Pioneer suck?

Not all factory systems suck... just most of them :p

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:withhomo on the Kapa's

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
I have the reference series all around and I think they sound great for the price. Sure the kapa's will sound better but it depends on your budget.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys
The kappas seem really good. any other brands i should look for?

and for subs.. are 2 12 inch subs better than 3 10 inch ones? if both are from same company like JL?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Due to limited trunk space, do 1 or 2 12s or 10s.

Once you get 3 subs your gonna have to get deep into what amp you get, the way you wire them, ect.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Due to limited trunk space, do 1 or 2 12s or 10s.

Once you get 3 subs your gonna have to get deep into what amp you get, the way you wire them, ect.
its not to hard to figure out how to wire them or what amp to get. if need be there is a converter on the12volt.com

and to the OP, what is your budget? for speakers, for amp(s), subs, ect what do you want to spend, then we can recommend you the right stuff

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
^+1 We need a budget//what kind of performance you're wanting.

You will not need more than two subs unless you're looking for competition like performance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the input!
i'm looking for speakers with a lot of bass.
ive read that if i put 6 inch speakers i will get best sound.
im willing to spend 200-300 dollars on speakers.
amp i'll spend around 200(if speakers require a more expensive one i'll def consider.)

oh and would i able to fit my front speakers in place of the rear ones?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with the Mach system, and do factory setups that use names like Boss, Alpine, and Pioneer suck?

Not all factory systems suck... just most of them :p
That's a generic statement that's not true at all.

I wouldn't recommend the Infinity Reference. Get the Kappas.
i still say they all suck,even the if it has kicker ,alpine,Rockford. doing ur own aftermarket stereo is always better.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
i still say they all suck,even the if it has kicker ,alpine,Rockford. doing ur own aftermarket stereo is always better.
i agree. my friend has a acura tl with the stock bose blows system. it sounds mediocre at best. there is little midbass, highs arent to crisp, and the subwoofer rolls off very sharply at the higher hz

OP, i just put something very similar to this in my friends truck and it sounds amazing. remember you should really deaden the doors very well to get the most bass response you can.

FOCAL 165V1 POLYGLASS NEW 6.5" COMPONENT SPEAKERS 165-V - eBay (item 120463937612 end time Sep-27-09 15:28:29 PDT)

CADENCE AUDIO 300 WATT RMS 2 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER AMP - eBay (item 390073394417 end time Sep-22-09 09:17:32 PDT)

dont be put off by the price of that amp they are very nice amps that cadence had a huge closeout on

·
Registered
537 Posts
+10 on kappas if you go with infinity... i have two different sets of kappas and i love the way they sound... If you want i can provide a quick video to hear them when i get home from work today...

·
Registered
812 Posts
thanks for the input!
i'm looking for speakers with a lot of bass.
ive read that if i put 6 inch speakers i will get best sound.
im willing to spend 200-300 dollars on speakers.
amp i'll spend around 200(if speakers require a more expensive one i'll def consider.)

oh and would i able to fit my front speakers in place of the rear ones?
A $500 budget isnt gonna get you anything better then what the stock is, hell my sub box alone cost $375. $250 for each sub. $470 for amp. $60 in power/ground wires. $800 CD player. With that budget you could do an okay sub set up from Walmart, I DO NOT recommend you buy anything off line, there are no* autheroized online venders for audio eqpmnt. I think you'll be better off keepin your stock speckers, unless you blew them, if they are distorting, when you install a sub setup you can and turn your bass down on the CD player, that will help alot with the sound qual. and you will be able to turn it up louder with out it sounding like ****, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
there is budget equipment out there, you just have to know what to look for. ive never had a problem buying online, you might not get warranty support but if you dont overdrive your equipment its unlikely youd ever need a warranty.

and you paid 375$ for an enclosure? maybe its just cause i can build my own, fiberglassed or not but thats crazy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts