Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all the extra power now im having a really really hard time on wet roads not spinning or sliding with these stock 235's. Plus these tires are pieces of **** no traction at all.

Whats the best street tire for all weather??

I was looking at the Nitto NT555's they look like they would hold up in the rain but what do you guys recommend??

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those are sick i looked at those and i love them they are just expensive as hell haha im doin narrow in the front and wide in the back so...

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
I'm still deciding to put 255 on all corners or go with a 265 DR out back...

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I wanted to go 265, Ken, but I couldn't find a tire with the proper aspect ratio in that size, of this specific tire, that will allow me to maintain proper overall diameter. And I don't feel like having Ford touch my computer if I do so to get things right. Not worth the hassle for the extra 10 mil of patch, ya know?

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Nuff said...ill stick with 255 's all around...thanks for doing the grunt work bro.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
lol anytime man. And believe me, I did my research with a bunch of different tire calculators & talking to people here on this board. :)

You can go with 265's, or even 275's on the factory 18x8.5, but depending on brand you might not find an aspect ratio that maintains the proper overall diameter.

My service manager said that could be fixed through them adjusting the pcm, but for obvious reasons I didn't want that touched, and he knows why.

I'll stick with the 255 for now, and perhaps by the time I'm due for another set I will purchase some nice after market wheels and get some fatter rubber on there.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
are 255's gonna be wide enough??

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
think so....i hook okay on my 235's....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts