Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 02 GT and really want to get more from it. I've read a nice bit on supercharging and decided i want to forge the bottom end because i want more then 450hp. So one question is, to go past 450hp only the crank, rods, and pistons need to be forged right? I also read alot of people upgrading heads, cam, or buying stroker kits and just wanted to know what you think are the best heads and cams? and what are the benefits of a stroker kit. As you can tell im new to this. I just like to have direct answers and ideas because most of these parts arent cheap n dont want to f*ck my car up:)

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Hello, I have a 02 GT and really want to get more from it. I've read a nice bit on supercharging and decided i want to forge the bottom end because i want more then 450hp. So one question is, to go past 450hp only the crank, rods, and pistons need to be forged right? I also read alot of people upgrading heads, cam, or buying stroker kits and just wanted to know what you think are the best heads and cams? and what are the benefits of a stroker kit. As you can tell im new to this. I just like to have direct answers and ideas because most of these parts arent cheap n dont want to f*ck my car up:)
Hey, that is a great idea, but before you can run you have to walk. What is done to the car as right now? What do you plan on using the car for racing or street? All of that is pretty expensive, do you have an ideal price range?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now the car is bone stock. I've been debating the last few months about selling and getting something else but decided to beef that engine up. I plan to use the car for weekend driving/racing. Price range doesnt really matter. I just plan to buy things as the money comes. I really want to go for atleast 600rwhp thats why im here. I picked out the kenne bell 2.6 s/c but want to get the engine/tranny/rear end ready for it( i've seen what happens when you dont haha)

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
yes all you need forged is crank, rods, pistons. piston dish depends on the power adder of choice. there is no aftermarket head,but there is cnc machining of stock casting's in various stages(1,2, or 3) . cams are the hardest decision depending on your exact wants,lot's of people on here can give good direction if you know yours. As far as a stroker, there are pro's and con's. the only issue with it is the stroke is already too long for the bore size. They are good for more torque,but again it's what you want. I personally am a fan of displacement

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
IMHO, I would say get a tuner, gear, need a tuner to calibrate your speedometer. exhaust, mid pipe, CAI, shifter, throttle body, intake plenum, to start then consider future mods. Start with all of that and you should pick up 50 rwhp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts