Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MM's Resident Male Nurse
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I own the 2005 GT in my sig. I love the 5.0's, and really want one. I found this car, and the guy said he'd take $25,500 for it. I'm driving down to see it and test drive it.

2012// BLACK MUSTANG GT PREMIUM 5.0/6-SPEED/$ALE PRICED!

If I sold my GT (BTW - it's for sale :) I might post up in the for sale section too just for the heck of it) for $10,500 - 11,000 and put $7,000 down (saving the remainder to make payments until I graduate in May), my payments for the new stang will be a hair under $300/mo for 84 months at 6% (5% for 72 months - $330/mo). Also, insurance wise, I currently pay 711/every 6 mo for full coverage and a $500 ded. The new one was quoted by my insurance agent at about $950 ish/every 6 mo.

I guess I'm wondering what you guys think... is it a good deal? should I do it? anything to look out for with these 5.0's? I've only owned the 2005's before so I'm not quite sure what I'm getting into.

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
I've only had mine for less than a year but I say go for it. Totally worth it. I use to have an 05 also and though I miss daily driving a Mustang the fact that there is a 5.0 in my garage makes up for it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I would think long and hard about it. Do you really want more bills when you graduate? I would hate to be just barely scraping by right out of college, that usually seems to be a cycle that is hard to get out of. I dont know your finances but personally if I was just graduating college I would be more than happy with a 05 mustang for the time being. The 11+ mustangs are badass but not worth just scraping by to drive one. But if you arent just scraping by and wont be living check to check then **** it go for it

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I agree with Sonic. Having a nice car, but not able to pay for any other pleasures sucks. Keep your 05, be patient and graduate, get a good stable job, then buy a brand new car with whatever option YOU want.

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
X2^ above. I heald off for 6 months at first. Saved my money for a down payment. I would get a job before I get a new car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts