Modded Mustang Forums banner

Matte or Gloss?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
_
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 18x9, 18x10 black bullitts right now, I like them, but want fr500's really badly. For the longest time I was going to get the usual black spokes with chrome lip, but came up with the idea of black spokes and a red lip, to match the colors of my car. It looks sick, but I hit a road bump between 2 fr500's

I cant decide if I want 'gloss' or 'matte' black rims from american muscle. Here is links to the two of them:

Gloss: Solid Gloss Black FR500 Mustang Wheel - 18x10 (94-04 All) - Free Shipping!

Matte: Solid Matte Black FR500 Mustang Wheel - 18x10 (94-04 All) - Free Shipping!

The rims I have now:

The look I am going for:

Another idea as far as the lips and red paint:

·
_
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, if anybody thinks the black and red fr500's look bad in the first place or prefer the classic chrome and black rims, please let me know.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Matte for sure. Don't care much for the idea of painting the lip to match, looks overdone to me. But that's the joy of it being you're car! Do what you want!

·
Ricers Gunna Rice
649 Posts
Get the matte ones, lower, smoke heads/tails = sex.

Please don't color match the lip.. leave that to the imports.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
def like gloss with the red lip! not the whole lip, just the edge like the termi. all i see when i see matte black wheels is plasti dip or $2.99 can of flat black spray paint.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Matte for sure. Don't care much for the idea of painting the lip to match, looks overdone to me. But that's the joy of it being you're car! Do what you want!
+1 for sure. I personally would leave it matte with out a strip, but thas just me.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I loooooveeee my chrome ones, but i think the black with chrome lip would be nice on your car

·
_
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
def like gloss with the red lip! not the whole lip, just the edge like the termi. all i see when i see matte black wheels is plasti dip or $2.99 can of flat black spray paint.
Thats what I was feeling most fond of. The whole lip does feel a little much, but painting the very ring of the rim does look better.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
+1, a subtle lip color is nice,

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
_
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as matte, I was thinking matte because its a good two tone especially to math my matte decals on the car like the rear valance, and deck lid panel for when I get the new bumper and such.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Im not much for the red line on the rims personally but done right its ok

·
Black Stallion
27 Posts
I have the gloss ones and I really like them.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts